Thursday, June 15, 2006

Blog - It's a Word

Since I started my blog a few hours ago, I've become very aware of references to blogging. Blogging has even infiltrated the depths of basic cable. I never watch the Showbiz Show with David Spade, but something else was on commercials. I caught a bit where someone read a "humorous" blog. It was mildly funny. Mildly, I say.

Earlier today, I wrote and shared with some friends that I started a blog. Of course, I wrote them while in the office so I used the spell check option in Outlook, as is my way. It doesn't recognize "blog" or "blogging" as words. I know they're fairly new words, but those words sure see some action. When will Outlook recognize (a.k.a. validate) blogging? I'm not holding my breath. Wait... I forgot that I work in non-profit so I'm probably using an OLD version. That is the non-profit way.

Hold the phone! I just spell checked this post and I was informed that "blog" and "blogging" aren't words. They should be replaced with "bloc" and "flogging." Am I going crazy??

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good stuff! Your off to a great start (not that I have any credentials to say that).

Keep it up.

~W

7:47 PM  
Blogger Cee in SF said...

Thanks for my first comment!!! Now, I can say, "I'm a blogger." Although spell check would want me to be a flogger...

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home