It's All About Me
I just remembered that I wanted my first post today to be about me. I live in SF and have been here for about 6 years. It's been a loooong six years. I'm not from these parts. I'm from the Land Down Under - Southern CA. I miss it because my family is there and because they still understand the concept of free parking. I'm the only one in the family that has flown the coop unless you count my dad traipsing about Latin America... Anyway, I'm glad I did it, but I'm kind of over it. I may want to move back, but I don't know how I'd fair living in the smog again. I'm a fragile person and any disturbance to my environment sends my immune system into a tizzy. I think I just want to move.
I've had my fair share of non-profit positions - some bad, some great. I've always left with a pretty good friend or two or ten. And I've left on to bigger and better assignments - mostly.
I enjoy music. Primarily music of my childhood - a.k.a "The 80's" - or whatever my favorite band, U2, churns out. I also listen to jazz and whatever else digital radio has to offer. I'm old enough now to no longer understand what the kids are listening to. I never thought that would be me. [insert sigh here]
I'm a fan of reality shows. Which ones? Name it and I probably watch it. I even caught myself watching "Shalom in the Home." There is one I don't really enjoy. Survivor is hard for me to watch. So is the Amazing Race, but I can't look away. By the end of the hour, I'm too stressed to do anything productive.
I don't travel much, but if I did, my preferred method is cruising. I love cruising! I cruised through the Panama Canal and it was fantastic! The ports o' call were lovely and the excusions were so fun. I swam with dolphins!! But the food is what I close my eyes and dream about - endless buffets, room service, high tea, dinner! I discovered that during dinner, you can order as many of anything that you want. Can't decide which entree to pick? Pick them both. Can't decide if you want a shrimp cocktail or some caviar? Pick - them - both!! Our server enlightened us and thank goodness he did. Dining hasn't been the same since. I'm destined to be disappointed until my next cruise.
I have a beau and we share an abode. All's well there except for being a single income family. It's IMPOSSIBLE to do in SF unless you're the CEO of some tech firm. Did I mention I'm in non-profit??
That's enough for now. My blood sugar is dropping and I require lunch. Ah, lunch. One of my favorite topics...
I've had my fair share of non-profit positions - some bad, some great. I've always left with a pretty good friend or two or ten. And I've left on to bigger and better assignments - mostly.
I enjoy music. Primarily music of my childhood - a.k.a "The 80's" - or whatever my favorite band, U2, churns out. I also listen to jazz and whatever else digital radio has to offer. I'm old enough now to no longer understand what the kids are listening to. I never thought that would be me. [insert sigh here]
I'm a fan of reality shows. Which ones? Name it and I probably watch it. I even caught myself watching "Shalom in the Home." There is one I don't really enjoy. Survivor is hard for me to watch. So is the Amazing Race, but I can't look away. By the end of the hour, I'm too stressed to do anything productive.
I don't travel much, but if I did, my preferred method is cruising. I love cruising! I cruised through the Panama Canal and it was fantastic! The ports o' call were lovely and the excusions were so fun. I swam with dolphins!! But the food is what I close my eyes and dream about - endless buffets, room service, high tea, dinner! I discovered that during dinner, you can order as many of anything that you want. Can't decide which entree to pick? Pick them both. Can't decide if you want a shrimp cocktail or some caviar? Pick - them - both!! Our server enlightened us and thank goodness he did. Dining hasn't been the same since. I'm destined to be disappointed until my next cruise.
I have a beau and we share an abode. All's well there except for being a single income family. It's IMPOSSIBLE to do in SF unless you're the CEO of some tech firm. Did I mention I'm in non-profit??
That's enough for now. My blood sugar is dropping and I require lunch. Ah, lunch. One of my favorite topics...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home