Hello, Peeps!
I'm back! Alaska was magical. It's very hard to describe, but it was full immersion into the great WILD outdoors.
We saw Orcas (66 of them!) in Victoria, Canada. I saw a black bear in Ketchikan. I explored a glacier in Skagway. I floated and shot rapids in Juneau. Porpi, dolphins, jellies abounded. I saw a few eagles, too.
I have a quick story about Ketchikan before I have to get back to work. There was a total loudmouth jackass and his unruly child on the excursion with us. I mean it wasn't the child's fault he was awful. His dad was a self-centered jerk. He WOULDN'T stop talking on the trip in the jet boat to explore coves and caves and bays and such. He also spoke really loudly. And burped loudly. Did I mention he was loud?
Anyway, on the land exploration part of our excursion, the group stopped to take pictures at a river and have a snack (apple Nutrigrain bar. Huh?). I was standing by the river as the beau snapped my photo when over the beau's shoulder I could see a big bear amble across the river in search of a snack.
Dumbfounded, I pointed and yelled, "Bear!" The big loudmouth came running across a field to catch a glimpse. Others followed, but the loudmouth really hauled ass to see it. It was gone.
He came up to me and said, "Black bear, huh? Yeah, you saw one of 15,000 in the area." What a jerk trying to diminish my sighting.
So we get back on the bus and the first thing this jerk does is say to the bus driver, "Yeah, I saw a black bear up at the river foraging for food."
He stole MY story.
We saw Orcas (66 of them!) in Victoria, Canada. I saw a black bear in Ketchikan. I explored a glacier in Skagway. I floated and shot rapids in Juneau. Porpi, dolphins, jellies abounded. I saw a few eagles, too.
I have a quick story about Ketchikan before I have to get back to work. There was a total loudmouth jackass and his unruly child on the excursion with us. I mean it wasn't the child's fault he was awful. His dad was a self-centered jerk. He WOULDN'T stop talking on the trip in the jet boat to explore coves and caves and bays and such. He also spoke really loudly. And burped loudly. Did I mention he was loud?
Anyway, on the land exploration part of our excursion, the group stopped to take pictures at a river and have a snack (apple Nutrigrain bar. Huh?). I was standing by the river as the beau snapped my photo when over the beau's shoulder I could see a big bear amble across the river in search of a snack.
Dumbfounded, I pointed and yelled, "Bear!" The big loudmouth came running across a field to catch a glimpse. Others followed, but the loudmouth really hauled ass to see it. It was gone.
He came up to me and said, "Black bear, huh? Yeah, you saw one of 15,000 in the area." What a jerk trying to diminish my sighting.
So we get back on the bus and the first thing this jerk does is say to the bus driver, "Yeah, I saw a black bear up at the river foraging for food."
He stole MY story.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home