Tuesday, January 26, 2010

January - Go Away

I think Feb. has some interesting events on the horizon. For one, I have a second interview with a place and I am hopeful I can make a good impression. I feel like I could do a good job there.

I'm very over my current job. I've already cleared out most of my personal items so when I do leave, I can just walk away. How sweet is that going to be?

So I spoke to some board members about the ED and how she's a wackjob, but I don't think that's a good idea. The more you exclaim how wacky someone is, the more they will think you're really the wacky one. Why is no one else bringing this to their attention? Why just me?

I've seen this scenario play out before and before it runs its course, it's best to leave. I SO hope I can leave soon. I have no more passion for this place's mission. I love most of the people, but I can't get excited about what I do anymore. It feels like I'm robbing myself of making a difference and I just want to do good work at a place I respect. Apparently, that's asking a lot.

I'm thankful I have a job. Don't get me wrong. But I want to feel good about myself when I go home and I don't working here.

For the last two weeks, I've felt like there is change on the horizon. I'm feeling positive and I hope it means I get to leave, but if it means something else, I welcome learning what it could be.

January is just a place holder in my life. I think the real action is going to be in Feb.

2 Comments:

Anonymous J. Ringo said...

Regarding people thinking that really you're the wacky one: is this gonna be like one of those movies where we find out at the end that YOU'RE the ED, but you're crazy and never realized it? "You mean there never was any [insert ED's name]?" "No, you still don't understand...there never was any CEE." Ah, that'll be good. I do love me some unreliable narrator...

3:53 PM  
Blogger Cee in SF said...

Very Fight Club! But I'm not peeing in the coffee pot, I can assure you!

6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home