Pants in What Size Now?
I don't think I wrote that I got a new pair of jeans. If you know me, you've seen my sad pair of Lucky jeans. I've had them for ages, got them hemmed a tad too short, and have worn the heck out of them. Some years (yes, years!), they fit fine. Others, too tight or loose. Recently, they've been sagging in a very unattractive way in the booty. After lunching with a friend, I decided I needed to see about a new pair of jeans.
I headed to the Lucky Brand Jeans store and was helped by a very nice woman. She seemed to really care about what I looked like in jeans. Probably because she saw how panicky I was. I hate buying pants. I never think I look right in them.
With time ticking away on the meter, I started off with some size 6s in a dark wash. Too big. I tried the 4s and they were too big. Really? That's little. The woman suggested I try a 0. That's "zero." I've never been a zero and I still am not. Apparently, the suffocation of the 2s makes my booty look good.
I'm rocking some 2s today, but I'm pretty sure it's only in Lucky jeans and only for a little while. My weight yo-yos.
My booty does look cute, though...
I headed to the Lucky Brand Jeans store and was helped by a very nice woman. She seemed to really care about what I looked like in jeans. Probably because she saw how panicky I was. I hate buying pants. I never think I look right in them.
With time ticking away on the meter, I started off with some size 6s in a dark wash. Too big. I tried the 4s and they were too big. Really? That's little. The woman suggested I try a 0. That's "zero." I've never been a zero and I still am not. Apparently, the suffocation of the 2s makes my booty look good.
I'm rocking some 2s today, but I'm pretty sure it's only in Lucky jeans and only for a little while. My weight yo-yos.
My booty does look cute, though...

3 Comments:
While in a rush recently and in a desperate attempt to economize, I bought a pair of jeans at Target (oh, the shame) in a size 2. These are supposed to be my "throw on when I need to make a quick run to the store or wash the car in the driveway" jeans, not that I'm making excuses or anything. :-b But they are huge! I need to wear a belt with them or you'll see crack! What the hell?!
You are now making me covet Lucky jeans. Maybe someday I'll actually get to try some on, someday when I don't have small children tagging along. One can dream...
P.S. YEAH on the cute booty!
Size means nothing to the fashion industry anymore. A fashion size 2 means I need it in a 10. A major reatiler's size 4 sometimes works and thene there's Lucky with its size 2. I mean, how are we supposed to understand what size we are if there are no standards?! This is part of my problem with buying sizes because I never know what will fit me because it keeps changing on me!
Post a Comment
<< Home