Return to the Blogosphere
It's not like much has happened since my last post - still hate my job, still love my husband, still getting over headaches.
I've been off work for almost two weeks. Despite one of those weeks having been spent recovering from a virulent stomach bug, I feel rejuvenated. Like stepping out of a hot tub and into a cold pool, I'm ready to go back to work. I feel relaxed and ready to tackle its challenges. I also kind of miss my two co-workers.
The other week was spent on a cruise to Mexico. It was fun. I went with an OLD friend with whom I had dinner when she was in town several months ago. She mentioned wanting to take a vacay and I did some research on cruises. We found a good deal and away we went.
She was very easy to travel with. She was up for shows, trivia (we totally could have won), shopping, and eating. We're both slim, but we chowed down on some big meals. And by "we," I mean I ate some big meals. She ate regular sized meals.
Our excursions included fishing in Mazatlan (we caught small bonito fish) and tequila tasting in Puerto Vallarta. Did I ever mention how I don't fancy tequila? I don't like it. The tequila tasting trip included a trip to a tile factory, which I really wanted to see. However, after choking down firewater tequila (blanco) and slightly smoother tequila (reposado), they offered us fine aged tequila (añejo). I had asked the guy filling our thimbles with alcohol to just give me a teeny bit because I was having trouble drinking what little they gave me and there was no where to toss it. The añejo was good. Like I wanted seconds good. They let us sample a few flavored tequilas and by the end, I was asking the guy to fill up my thimble. I may also have gotten a little giggly and loud. It's all a blur. I bought some almond flavored tequila to share with my family in L.A.
As we were leaving Cabo after a day of semi-sub fish watching, we saw whales frolicking in the water. They jumped out, which I think is called breaching. I caught it on tape, but from far away. It was like a free excursion.
While I was gone, the Hubby redid the bedroom as a surprise for me! He repainted with paint colors I mentioned I loved. He got me a vanity, which I have always, always wanted. The bedroom is stunning. He worked so hard while I was gone. Did I mention how much I adore him?
So, that's got you caught up. I'll be better about posting. Pardon any spelling issues. I didn't spellcheck.
Happy holidays!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home