Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Every New Bride Needs...

A food processor, right?

I ordered a Kitchenaid food processor because part of my vision of getting married is getting shiny appliances. So when QVC has the food processor on sale with easy payments, I jumped on it. I almost got the mixer, too, until I remembered that I can't afford it and I almost never use a mixer for anything.

I justified the food processor purchase because a shredding blade is included. I grate lots of cheese by hand, like a chump! No more! Now, my shreddy blade will do it for me. It also comes with a cool julianne (that may be spelled wrong) blade. Who has time to julianne? Do I look like Hungry Dog? (Shout out to Hungry Dog!) I thought I could drop many of the veggies from my veggie box and sauté some good stuff.

The Hubby doesn't think we need a processor, but I think he'll learn to love it.

An email from QVC tells me my processor is on its way! Also the 12 pack of steaks I ordered from QVC courtesy of Kansas City Steaks. What?I want to not have to be out of steaks. Is that so wrong? And what goes well with steak? Julianned veggies, that's what!

I promise I'm not on the crack. It just seems like I am.

4 Comments:

Blogger Hungry Dog said...

Thanks for the shout out! I think it's "julienne." You will love your food processor! I use it for everything, making little dips, pureeing soups, and even making frosting for that root beer cake!

8:22 AM  
Anonymous J. Ringo said...

I think you might want to reconsider on the mixer. The mixer I have is a hand-me-down from my mom and it was actually my aunt's wedding present to my parents when they got married in 1969. So in my mind mixers are associated with weddings. Although I kinda doubt that any mixer you buy will still be working 40 years from now. They don't make appliances anymore like they used to...

8:21 PM  
Blogger Cee in SF said...

Ah, julienne. I'll remember that because I hope to write about using the blade to cut up the veggies from my veggie box. & I want some of your root beer cake! I had a root beer for lunch. That's a start.

J - is your mixer a Kitchenaid? I hear they last a long time. I still don't think I have enough use for one.

5:10 PM  
Anonymous J. Ringo said...

General Electric. Come to think of it, they made my clock radio too. I got that in 1987 and it's still going strong. So it's got a ways to go before it gets to be 40, but it is over halfway there.

11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home