Thursday, August 06, 2009

Happy B-Day to Me?

It's my birthday. I don't mention it because I want you to wish me a happy birthday. (Thank you!) I mention it because it was a crazy day.

First, I have a big event tomorrow. We are "partnering" with another organization and our "partner" has kept us on radio silence for the past two days. I have no idea how many guests are coming. I have no idea who is coming. I'm supposed to handle check in but who am I checking in?

Not only that, but many of the task items the "partner" said they would handle, they haven't. Today, they asked us about signs. "You're handling signs," we reminded them. "No. You need to make signs." So, after loudly complaining to my ED, I had us make the crappiest looking signs ever! Hee hee. I'm also not going to go out of my way to put up those signs unless the "partner" asks about them. Then, I will hand them the signs and say, "Here you go. Put them where you like."

The "partner" is truly a nightmare. All of my e-mails and phone calls have been ignored. I don't work like that. And I look forward to being able to tell them - all of them - at the event wrap up. Can you believe we're supposed to partner again on another event? No thanks.

In particular, I want the "partner's" rep to fall flat on their face. Oh, how I will smile... I rarely wish failure on others. Rarely. I mean I don't want anyone to be humiliated, but I wish that it would happen in grand and epic fashion to this person.

I am so job searching after the wedding.

I had to vent so that I can rest for what remains of the evening. I have to wake up at 5:15a tomorrow to get set up for the event. And I have a hair appointment at 4:30p, which means I can't leave early to relax at the end of Friday. And I have an event on Saturday and one on Sunday.

Yup. Happy birthday to me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Hungry Dog said...

Why so many events all at once? That's craziness! Anyway, hope you get some comp time next week! :)

3:05 PM  
Blogger Cee in SF said...

I'm off for my sis' wedding next week! I hope there is an opportunity to relax.

These events are ridiculous. What a waste of time!

9:49 PM  
Blogger Lisa Blah Blah said...

Ugh, sorry. I hope everything worked out okay and that you're enjoying your time off!

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home