Friday, July 03, 2009

I Dreamed I Was in Egypt


I've always wanted to see the pyramids. However, I don't travel abroad well unless I'm with the beau and a cruise excursion. Somehow, I think I'm safer in a group lead by a courteous tour guide with a sea witch on their shirt.

Last night, I dreamed I took a cruise to the Holy Land on Princess and opted for the special overnight excursion to visit the pyramids. Whenever I get the Princess cruise brochures (which now come several times a month), I stare at the cruise to the Holy Land and fantasize that I can afford the trip and the overnight excursion. In real life, there is no way that we can. The excursion alone costs as much, if not more, than the cruise itself per person. Someday, in a better economy, in a better political climate, etc...

In my dream, the beau and I are on an air conditioned bus driving through Egypt. I have a camera and I'm taking pictures of whatever I can. I remember desperately wanting a picture of a nursery (the kind with plants) and being sad that I didn't get a good one.

We're on the bus for hours, but I can't sit still. The beau is dressed in a linen shirt and pants, looking very sophisticated and fresh. It's very hot. He's happy that I'm so excited. The bus is on a high road and a valley comes into view. The valley has three pyramids close together and the Sphinx. I see them and I swell up with emotion and start to cry because it's finally happening. I'm going to stand in front of the pyramids.

I'm wide awake now and full of lentil stew, but I can still feel what I felt in my dream when I first saw the pyramids. I love that feeling. I hope to someday experience it in real life, but for now, I'll hang on to the feeling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home