Don't Talk Over Me
I don't like getting talked over, particularly from someone I don't respect.
I have a co-worker who I think does just enough to keep her job. I'll call her Emma. Emma is obnoxious and self-involved. Emma is also rude under the guise of frankness. Being near Emma makes my skin crawl.
I had a meeting with her this morning. I wanted to update her on some research I did about a project that my org may have to jump on quickly. I had trouble getting a hold of Emma because she was busy running around this morning, which I found mildly humorous since what could she actually be doing?
We met later this morning. I gave her the lowdown on my research on the project and said that the ED told me to hand it all over to her so she can work on it. She was not at all pleased to hear this. Frankly, neither was I because I knew that Emma wouldn't do a good job with the project.
While I shared my research, Emma kept talking over me - and in a loud tone to drown me out - as if what I had to say was worthless. It happened several times. The last time, I just didn't stop talking for a good 20 seconds because if she missed whatever point I was making, that was on her.
I have no desire to help her and she'll fix it so she won't have to work on the project long anyway. She doesn't want to do it. I don't care.
I have a co-worker who I think does just enough to keep her job. I'll call her Emma. Emma is obnoxious and self-involved. Emma is also rude under the guise of frankness. Being near Emma makes my skin crawl.
I had a meeting with her this morning. I wanted to update her on some research I did about a project that my org may have to jump on quickly. I had trouble getting a hold of Emma because she was busy running around this morning, which I found mildly humorous since what could she actually be doing?
We met later this morning. I gave her the lowdown on my research on the project and said that the ED told me to hand it all over to her so she can work on it. She was not at all pleased to hear this. Frankly, neither was I because I knew that Emma wouldn't do a good job with the project.
While I shared my research, Emma kept talking over me - and in a loud tone to drown me out - as if what I had to say was worthless. It happened several times. The last time, I just didn't stop talking for a good 20 seconds because if she missed whatever point I was making, that was on her.
I have no desire to help her and she'll fix it so she won't have to work on the project long anyway. She doesn't want to do it. I don't care.

2 Comments:
Who is Emma?!
It's Neuyoo.
Post a Comment
<< Home