Friday, June 26, 2009

Stuff

I have a stomach bug. This stomach bug gave me a horrible headache. It could be allergies, but I don't think so.

I got home last night and my head was throbbing. I took something for it, but my head grew more and more throbby.

Nothing helped, not neti potting, not resting, not sitting, not silence, not heat, not cold. The throbbing was unbearable. I was writhing on the couch praying for relief. The prayers made my head throb more. I couldn't sleep or get comfortable in any way. I almost started to panic. When I panic, I sob uncontrollably. That didn't happen, but it might've helped. It sometimes does.

Hours passed and I finally felt some relief. I could get up without wanting to get sick. It was 11p and I hadn't eaten, nor did I want to because my belly was upset. I choked down a black velvet apricot and a banana and washed it back with some water. I staggered to the bedroom and crawled into bed.

The beau arrived and I gave him a weak hello. He instantly knew I was ill and I shared my story. He squeezed my head and said he'd make a sandwich for me to take to work - pulled pork. I look forward to it although my belly doesn't. I still feel awful!
-----------------
On my way to work today, I left home with plenty of time to get to work - a rarity. There was a big van in front of me that got in my lane just enough to slow me down and miss the timing of the lights. The van left its blinker on for several blocks. It would go slow and fast at odd intervals. I took it as an opportunity to practice patience.

With the blinker still on, he'd hit the brakes off and on and cause a strobe light effect. It was mesmerizing and weird. I thought it was a weird X-Files trick to hypnotize me and whisk me to far off galaxies. I yelled, "You're strobing me!" I had to laugh after I yelled it because I yelled it to no one but me.

Just in case, be wary of strobing plots that may be afoot.

2 Comments:

Blogger Hungry Dog said...

I hope you are feeling better by now, Cee!

5:36 PM  
Blogger Cee in SF said...

I'm not really. My generic allergy pills aren't very good. My head is pounding and I have lots of afternoon meetings. At least my meetings are at the Marina.

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home