Friday, June 12, 2009

Quiet and Dark - The Way I Like It

The office is leaving early today. We all worked a long day this past Wednesday and the ED said everyone could leave early today. Not me. Not because I don't want to. I always want to, but I left early yesterday and came in late today. I preferred that and I think it's helpful to have someone in the office until the true end of the work day. Plus, the beau is off to work so it's not like leaving early would give me more time with him.

Most people are gone and the office is quiet. I have gotten into the habit of leaving the lights off and working by task lighting. It helps control the headaches. It gives the office an eerie feel, not too inviting to the general public. Bonus!

My colleague in Development is heading out in a few minutes and I'll be alone in the back office. I'll have plenty of time to enter very boring data into our database while rocking out to my ipod shuffling my song library.

I also just finished rereading the sixth in the Harry Potter series, so I get to choose a new book to start reading. That's always fun.

3 Comments:

Anonymous J. Ringo said...

Um...is it going to be the seventh Harry Potter book? That'd be my guess.

2:12 PM  
Blogger Hungry Dog said...

Go home, dude!

2:50 PM  
Blogger Cee in SF said...

J. - It's not going to be the 7th book. I was thinking something lighter like Love in the Time of Cholera.

HD - I came in late so I'm not itching to go home. It's pretty chill and I'm making good progress on my boring data entry.

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home