After Work Hours
I have dinner plans with SJ and our mutual friend. The restaurant is close to my work so I don't have to leave for a while. If I did, I would be burdened with painfully waiting until they arrived. If you don't know this about me, I hate waiting. Hate. I can't sit in public and not feel overwhelmed. Who do I look at? Who do I talk to?
I'm not the kind of gal who wants to make friends with the folks at the bar. I shrink into a "me" zone that no one can penetrate. I hate it. I hate that I can't "wait" better.
Luckily, the area where we are going is buzzing with cute places to peruse. The area also has decent parking, so I'll leave in a few minutes and try to find a free parking space. If not, I'll get a not so far pay spot. Either way, I have plenty of time to figure things out.
I haven't seen SJ in a while, but I feel caught up because we both keep blogs and communicate via the Facebook. Our other friend disappears and emerges in fairly regular intervals. It's been a few weeks since I've seen her and I don't know what's going on in her life. I don't want to stay out late and sometimes our mutual friend likes to. Not today, though. I'm just getting into 30 Rock and it should be on tonight.
I hear horrible traffic right outside the office window. Maybe I should head over now even though we aren't supposed to meet up until 6:30p. SJ said she'd try to get there by 6p. She's good people.
I'm not the kind of gal who wants to make friends with the folks at the bar. I shrink into a "me" zone that no one can penetrate. I hate it. I hate that I can't "wait" better.
Luckily, the area where we are going is buzzing with cute places to peruse. The area also has decent parking, so I'll leave in a few minutes and try to find a free parking space. If not, I'll get a not so far pay spot. Either way, I have plenty of time to figure things out.
I haven't seen SJ in a while, but I feel caught up because we both keep blogs and communicate via the Facebook. Our other friend disappears and emerges in fairly regular intervals. It's been a few weeks since I've seen her and I don't know what's going on in her life. I don't want to stay out late and sometimes our mutual friend likes to. Not today, though. I'm just getting into 30 Rock and it should be on tonight.
I hear horrible traffic right outside the office window. Maybe I should head over now even though we aren't supposed to meet up until 6:30p. SJ said she'd try to get there by 6p. She's good people.

2 Comments:
The dinner was great! Except the brussels sprouts were too spicy and salty. But the oysters and the scallops and the ahi and the steak and the ice cream were great. THE ICE CREAM!!
I loved seeing you both, although I think we stayed at the restaurant too long and too late. We all missed 30 Rock.
I, too, enjoyed seeing you both. And I hear ya about staying out too late! Not only did we miss 30 Rock, but I missed Game 1 of the NBA Finals!! At least the Lakers steamrolled over the Magic.
I liked the restaurant, but how can a place charge $18 for 3 scallops? It seems wrong. I'm gonna get some scallops this weekend to squash my craving.
Post a Comment
<< Home