Thursday, June 11, 2009

Must Be Fearless

Being a fundraiser right now is not easy. I mean, it's not easy for anyone to continue to make a living and get through every day life, let alone have enough cash to make philanthropic contributions. I did two big mailing last month and I haven't got one response yet. Not one. It's horrible.

Contributions overall have been very hard to get in and since the end our fiscal year is coming up, we're going to show a big deficit in the books.

I'm getting on the phone to make calls to people to ask for money. Yes, telemarketing. I was a telemarketer many years ago and I hated it. Thankfully, I'm calling people who know who I am so it's not a "cold" call. I have to ask them for $. I decided that my company really needs the money and why not call. So far, I've gotten 2 yeses after only 5 calls. Not bad. I have lots more people to call. Some I'm not excited about talking to, but I'll do it anyway.

I am practicing being fearless and so far it has paid off. I just need to raise little more than $2K by the end of the day. Yikes.

5 Comments:

Blogger hubris45 said...

you have bigger balls than me.

11:47 AM  
Blogger Hungry Dog said...

Wow, 2 yeses, congratulations! I'm with hubris45...I can barely call people I know, let alone call people I don't and ask them for money.

1:53 PM  
Blogger Cee in SF said...

Now, I have 4 yeses. I'm quite excited and exhausted.

Hey, Hubris, long time no hear (from you) on the blogosphere...

I'm going home early.

2:33 PM  
Anonymous Always Be Closing said...

Did you watch this first to get yourself psyched up?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TROhlThs9qY

11:20 AM  
Blogger Cee in SF said...

Isn't that the best part of Glengarry Glen Ross?! Personally, I want the set of steak knives.

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home