Thursday, June 11, 2009

Lakers...

The LA Lakers are in the NBA Finals (if you hadn't heard) AGAIN this year. Yeah! They're up against the Orlando Magic, lead by superstar (?!) Dwight Howard. Dwight is big, strong, and commanding, but not a dominant player, in my opinion. He's not a rookie, but he doesn't own the floor and can be psyched out. I'm scared for the day when he can't be intimidated, but that day isn't here yet.

The Lakers battled it out in Game 4 of the Finals at Orlando. The game was lead quite bit by the Magic. The Lakers started to creep back in the 3rd and the 4th quarters. At the end of regulation, we had a tie game.

Sometimes I feel I can "sense" a Laker win. Tonight was one of those night. I felt like today's game was theirs so even when they were behind with a few seconds left in the fourth, I merely contemplated the strategy that would be employed to pull off the win. They were helped by Dwight who missed two key free throws in the 4th. Another example of his tenderfootedness.

You can never count them out. Not ever. It helps to make the game so exciting!

In overtime, the Lakers ran away with a lead and won. The series is now 3-1. We just need one more win to take the championship. So, here's my prediction: We lose Game 5. It goes back to LA, and we win Game 6 at home.

A Laker win is like taking a deep breath without the aid of allergy medicine. Magical!

4 Comments:

Anonymous J. Ringo said...

D-Ho doesn't drink alcohol or use curse words (ever). Unless that changes, he will never be truly respected by teammates or opponents and will always be intimidated and choke in the clutch.

Now to go to eBay and buy me that Fisher jersey...

11:05 AM  
Blogger Cee in SF said...

I have a Fisher/Laker flag that is flying high in my kitchen.

I love the Lakers so!!!

12:12 PM  
Anonymous J. Ringo said...

You know what Howard's problem is? He's a wussy!

2:10 PM  
Blogger Hungry Dog said...

I don't know anything about basketball but maybe you should make this groovy Lakers jello as a sign of your loyalty:
http://foodlibrarian.blogspot.com/2009/06/stained-glass-jello-laker-nation-style.html

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home