Boo to Flooding!
Saturday started out normal enough. I made eggs with yellow bell pepper, onions, heirloom tomatoes and cheese. Afterwards, I was kicking it ol' school style - feet up on the couch watching tv. The beau got ready for work and since he is never EVER late for anything, he had some time to spend watching tv with me.
As we sat around, we heard the pipes make a gurgling noise. The beau made funny faces as if the gurgling noises were coming from him. He was hilarious and we laughed and laughed.
The beau went into the laundry room and made a real gurgling noise. I got up to see what was the matter. Our laundry room was flooded. We started to grab stuff out of the way and got the handy dandy Absorber * and started soaking up the mess. We thought the washer had sprung a leak until the beau went to the first floor bathroom, which was also flooded. I mean flooded!
I called maintenance's after hours number ("Is this really an emergency?" "YES!" "Alright, then.") and continued to sop up the mess. The beau had to leave and he felt bad about it. "Go," I said. I'll handle this."
Maintenance came as the beau was leaving and since the beau gets on with this particular guy, the beau caught him up on all the deets. I continued to sop. The guy scurried around for a while and disappeared. I continued to sop. I was not pleased with how dusty the nooks and crannies of the rooms were that were now flooded. Dust bunnies stuck to the Absorber, but shook right off. I continued to sop.
I was/am so tired!! A new maintenance guy appeared with a wet/dry vac. I had already sopped up most of the water and filled a bucket with icky murky fluid. "You did all that with that mop?" Our useless little sponge mop was in the bathroom acting like it had done a great job. "Oh, no. I did all this with the Absorber." He said, "I saw that on TV." I said, "That's Sham Wow and that's crap. You want the Absorber."
People continue to come in and out. I have no water and I'm gross and sweaty from the sopping. My legs are shaky from the up and down of the sopping, but it's already getting better. I have a headache though. There is an onion leaf floating in my toilet.
Dude, I just spoke to the maintenance guy. The plumber won't be able to come until 7a TOMORROW! I have no water - shower, bathroom, etc... until then. I am very sad right now. I'm getting a key to an empty unit for emergencies. Boo!
I'm too tired to reread the post so I apologize in advance for any weird phrasing.
As we sat around, we heard the pipes make a gurgling noise. The beau made funny faces as if the gurgling noises were coming from him. He was hilarious and we laughed and laughed.
The beau went into the laundry room and made a real gurgling noise. I got up to see what was the matter. Our laundry room was flooded. We started to grab stuff out of the way and got the handy dandy Absorber * and started soaking up the mess. We thought the washer had sprung a leak until the beau went to the first floor bathroom, which was also flooded. I mean flooded!
I called maintenance's after hours number ("Is this really an emergency?" "YES!" "Alright, then.") and continued to sop up the mess. The beau had to leave and he felt bad about it. "Go," I said. I'll handle this."
Maintenance came as the beau was leaving and since the beau gets on with this particular guy, the beau caught him up on all the deets. I continued to sop. The guy scurried around for a while and disappeared. I continued to sop. I was not pleased with how dusty the nooks and crannies of the rooms were that were now flooded. Dust bunnies stuck to the Absorber, but shook right off. I continued to sop.
I was/am so tired!! A new maintenance guy appeared with a wet/dry vac. I had already sopped up most of the water and filled a bucket with icky murky fluid. "You did all that with that mop?" Our useless little sponge mop was in the bathroom acting like it had done a great job. "Oh, no. I did all this with the Absorber." He said, "I saw that on TV." I said, "That's Sham Wow and that's crap. You want the Absorber."
People continue to come in and out. I have no water and I'm gross and sweaty from the sopping. My legs are shaky from the up and down of the sopping, but it's already getting better. I have a headache though. There is an onion leaf floating in my toilet.
Dude, I just spoke to the maintenance guy. The plumber won't be able to come until 7a TOMORROW! I have no water - shower, bathroom, etc... until then. I am very sad right now. I'm getting a key to an empty unit for emergencies. Boo!
I'm too tired to reread the post so I apologize in advance for any weird phrasing.
*People, get the Absorber!! It is a lifesaver. I'm not just saying that. I've had the same one for over 12 years and I wouldn't be without it. Dry your hair, dry your car, dry a spill, dry your dog... If you want it dry, the Absorber is your guy!

4 Comments:
Dude! Did you get this fixed?
It finally got fixed Sunday and I was none too pleased with the delay.
yeah, that's beyond an inconvenience! Anyway, glad you got it fixed.
I'm glad, too. BTW, you need to get an Absorber. Those things are awesome!
Post a Comment
<< Home