Can It Be? Fresh Veggies?
After the nightmare of my veggie box deliveries failing ages ago and the delay in response after I dared to sign up again a month ago, I am receiving the veggie box at my home.
They deliver between 6a and 6p. By 5:45p, I still hadn't received it. Was I surprised? No. Was I pissed? YES!
I looked everywhere for their box when I got home and it was no where to be found. Crestfallen, I went along my regular routine of changing from work clothes to jammies (not really; how cute is the word "jammies?") I came downstairs and saw an ominous shadow by the door - squat, dark and suspiciously veggie boxish. My box arrived!
What fun I had taking out the large bunch of chard (covered in mud), the three heirloom tomatoes, the pint of blueberries, the little nectarines, the lettuce (which was already wilted; they don't travel well), and mini red onions. Since I was going to make a hamburger that night, the onions and tomato were most welcome since I had neither.
I am going to make a soup with the chard because I am very inexperienced with such things. I'm hoping the beau eats the lettuce because I don't want to. The beau is excite about the mini onions. The ones at the supermarket are as big as a softball. It's nice they come in non-irradiated sizes, too.
A random aside, I made the biggest burger patties last night. It was over an inch think. Too much! Very tasty, though. I covered mine in bleu cheese, BBQ sauce, mini red onions and tomato. Definitely stood up to Slow Club's burger, except for the gargantuan size.
They deliver between 6a and 6p. By 5:45p, I still hadn't received it. Was I surprised? No. Was I pissed? YES!
I looked everywhere for their box when I got home and it was no where to be found. Crestfallen, I went along my regular routine of changing from work clothes to jammies (not really; how cute is the word "jammies?") I came downstairs and saw an ominous shadow by the door - squat, dark and suspiciously veggie boxish. My box arrived!
What fun I had taking out the large bunch of chard (covered in mud), the three heirloom tomatoes, the pint of blueberries, the little nectarines, the lettuce (which was already wilted; they don't travel well), and mini red onions. Since I was going to make a hamburger that night, the onions and tomato were most welcome since I had neither.
I am going to make a soup with the chard because I am very inexperienced with such things. I'm hoping the beau eats the lettuce because I don't want to. The beau is excite about the mini onions. The ones at the supermarket are as big as a softball. It's nice they come in non-irradiated sizes, too.
A random aside, I made the biggest burger patties last night. It was over an inch think. Too much! Very tasty, though. I covered mine in bleu cheese, BBQ sauce, mini red onions and tomato. Definitely stood up to Slow Club's burger, except for the gargantuan size.

2 Comments:
I'm so happy it arrived! I was afraid to ask about it. Sometimes ours arrives at 8am...sometimes 6pm. I LOVE those little red onions. And now is such a great time for tomatoes and stone fruit.
Yes, jammies. Do yours have feet?
Those little red onions are wonderful! My jammies don't have feet. You'll find out why that's a good thing on my next post...
Post a Comment
<< Home