Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I Know What You're Thinking

You're thinking, "Cee, does the wedding dress you bought months ago still fit?" I've been thinking the same thing. I've been losing weight and if I need alterations, I'd better get started.

Each time I had thought of trying my dress on again since Feb (?), something has gone wrong. Once, I had just slathered on some dark lip gloss. Another time, I had self tanner on. You get the picture. I didn't want to risk messing up the dress.

Today, nothing was stopping me so I scurried upstairs and ripped into my garment bag. The plasticky fumes from the bag reminded me of my super quick wedding dress shopping spree.

It was the second dress I tried on. The first was a white, sale rack one-off and I knew it wouldn't work despite its $100 price tag. Plus, I didn't imagine I would wear a white dress. My coloring is better enhanced by ivory.

With the sale dress wasted into a heap in the dressing room, I tried on MY dress. But the size 8 I grabbed was tight. Surely I was not a 10! The woman at the store assured me that wedding dresses ran small.

When the woman returned with a 10, she helped me get dressed and angels sang. I had found my dress.

When I tried my dress on today, I heard the angels again. I had lost weight, but somehow the fit feels better. I still look damn good in it! I tried on my jewelry, too, and they worked perfectly with the ensemble. For as nontraditional a wedding as we're throwing, I'm going to look very traditional. It is so comfy to move in. The dress makes a rustling sound when I move around which I adore.

I am happy and I'm nervous for the first time about what the beau will think when he sees me for the first time in it. I may cry.

3 Comments:

Blogger Hungry Dog said...

It's true, wedding dresses run a size larger, which seems like a stupid idea. Glad your dress looks perfect but why are you losing weight?!

10:13 AM  
Blogger Hungry Dog said...

I guess I should say they run a size smaller? YOu know what I mean.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Cee in SF said...

I was losing weight because of not taking a regular lunch, but I'm doing better... This week, anyway, that is.

Today, the office is ordering pizza in and then I leave early to get my hair done. Fun!

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home