Why Do I Do This to Myself?
I was having lunch with some friends last week. We starting talking about photography at the wedding. One friend proposed, that since it seemed the beau was hung up on not having a stranger on the boat taking pix, why not hire a photographer for a few hours to take some shots before we board? I thought this was a great idea.
I called a photog that I use for my work events and she's available and VERY reasonable. I proposed the idea to the beau and his response was silence.
He then called his cousin (who the beau said he would call months ago to invite to the wedding. The cousin ended up having to e-mail me to ask if he was invited. I told the beau and he said he would call him the next day, the next day was the day I proposed my photog idea.)
So he contacts his cousin and after the conversation, he says his cousin will take the pictures. Fine, I said, but I was dying. How weird is it to invite someone to celebrate with you and their job is to take photos? Don't you want them to have fun? Don't you think that if they end up having fun that some great picture moments will be lost? Don't you want your relative in the shots?
I'm convinced I am not crazy for wanting a photographer. However, if I hired who I want, I know the beau wouldn't participate in any pictures. I kinda thought I would just do it anyway, but that would be a miserable way to start a life together - bitterly angry at one another. BITTERLY. I don't want to do it, but I acknowledge here and now that I will regret not having a photographer forever.
I called a photog that I use for my work events and she's available and VERY reasonable. I proposed the idea to the beau and his response was silence.
He then called his cousin (who the beau said he would call months ago to invite to the wedding. The cousin ended up having to e-mail me to ask if he was invited. I told the beau and he said he would call him the next day, the next day was the day I proposed my photog idea.)
So he contacts his cousin and after the conversation, he says his cousin will take the pictures. Fine, I said, but I was dying. How weird is it to invite someone to celebrate with you and their job is to take photos? Don't you want them to have fun? Don't you think that if they end up having fun that some great picture moments will be lost? Don't you want your relative in the shots?
I'm convinced I am not crazy for wanting a photographer. However, if I hired who I want, I know the beau wouldn't participate in any pictures. I kinda thought I would just do it anyway, but that would be a miserable way to start a life together - bitterly angry at one another. BITTERLY. I don't want to do it, but I acknowledge here and now that I will regret not having a photographer forever.
Now, we must never speak of it again.

4 Comments:
Wow. Bizarre. Well at least someone will be taking pictures. That's good. I can guarantee you you would regret not having photos later. It's pretty much the most happy and surreal day of your life. Now, is the cousin a good photographer?
I think he's good, but taking a good landscape shot is different from taking a good person shot. That takes other talents.
Whatever, she whimpered...
I know this isn't the right post to leave this comment, but since I don't see a more recent one - happy birthday!
Thanks, Johnny!!
Post a Comment
<< Home