Worst Pancakes Ever
I made the worst pancakes on Sunday.
Normally, I make very delicious pancakes. I pride myself on being able to create a delicious batter, heating the pancake to perfection, and slathering them in butter with a healthy drizzle of syrup.
I had been craving pancakes for weeks. Finally, after replenishing our stock of eggs, I went for it. I pulled out my handy, dandy Bisquik, milk, egg and made the batter. It was rather thick so I thinned it out with some milk to achieve a better consistency.
My first pancake was pale. The second still looked odd and the edges curled ominously. The third was just barely looking ok. I finally got sick of standing over these weirdo pancakes so I made a giant one for the fourth. I covered each in butter and syrup and sat down to enjoy.
I can't think of how to describe the texture. Oh, rubber. The texture was like rubber. They tasted not like pancakes at all, but some strange doughy cardboard. After a few bites, I couldn't eat anymore. I felt ill and told the hubby that something went horribly wrong.
The hubby discovered that the Bisquik I used was good until 2005. Yes, 2005. Good UNTIL 2005. Guess I lost track. That's gonna put me off pancakes for a while.
Normally, I make very delicious pancakes. I pride myself on being able to create a delicious batter, heating the pancake to perfection, and slathering them in butter with a healthy drizzle of syrup.
I had been craving pancakes for weeks. Finally, after replenishing our stock of eggs, I went for it. I pulled out my handy, dandy Bisquik, milk, egg and made the batter. It was rather thick so I thinned it out with some milk to achieve a better consistency.
My first pancake was pale. The second still looked odd and the edges curled ominously. The third was just barely looking ok. I finally got sick of standing over these weirdo pancakes so I made a giant one for the fourth. I covered each in butter and syrup and sat down to enjoy.
I can't think of how to describe the texture. Oh, rubber. The texture was like rubber. They tasted not like pancakes at all, but some strange doughy cardboard. After a few bites, I couldn't eat anymore. I felt ill and told the hubby that something went horribly wrong.
The hubby discovered that the Bisquik I used was good until 2005. Yes, 2005. Good UNTIL 2005. Guess I lost track. That's gonna put me off pancakes for a while.

2 Comments:
At least you can blame the poor quality of the pancakes on the Bisquick and not your cooking skills! I too have been guilty of keeping things around too long...it's easy to lose track of when you bought things.
I need to go to the store and pick up another box of Bisquik to leave in the pantry another decade. I love having that stuff around.
Post a Comment
<< Home