2010
I've been thinking about what I can do differently in 2010. I mean, I feel I'm a pretty good person, but I'm very selfish. I spend lots of time and money on me, but as a married lady, it's not just about me anymore.
As I was vacantly perusing websites looking for holiday bargains today, I started thinking about the mass of "stuff" I already own, but don't use. Then, I got all hot and bothered looking at a 20-piece platinum-rimmed china set. Oooo, wedding china, I thought to myself. Just like my food processor, it's something every bride needs. I added it to my cart (retail price was $300, but it was on sale for $89) and I started to think - I'm buying this because I like it, but will the hubby? Oh, he'll like it because it's such a bargain! Guess what? I didn't really like it, but, as I mentioned, it was platinum-rimmed and on sale and I was in love with the bargain.
It sat in my cart for 10 more minutes while I wrestled with wanting vs. needing dishes. $89. I had $89 to spare. However, wouldn't $89 look better added to my saving account? Not to mention that I kept thinking about the hubby contemplating when we would ever use this stupid china set. He's perfectly happy using our Crate and Barrel outlet store dishes. Ultimately, so was I. I did not get the dishes. Since I had already added $150 to my saving account the day before, I did not add the $89 to go with it. (I felt I needed to come clean about that since you might infer that I did.)
So, my new year's resolution is to take any money that I would spend on stuff I want and put it in my savings account. At the end of the year, I'm sure it would be a pretty penny. Maybe it's honeymoon money. Maybe it's "whatever the hell the hubby and I want" money. But since I know my hubby, what he wants is savings. These are tough times and we need to take care of each other.
The other thing I'd like to do is spend more time with the hubs. I can't really change that our schedules are funky, so I'll just have to make more out the time we spend together.
Enjoy your holidays. Cherish that which means a lot to you and discard that which prevents you from being the best you you can be. Take 2010 by the horns, people.
As I was vacantly perusing websites looking for holiday bargains today, I started thinking about the mass of "stuff" I already own, but don't use. Then, I got all hot and bothered looking at a 20-piece platinum-rimmed china set. Oooo, wedding china, I thought to myself. Just like my food processor, it's something every bride needs. I added it to my cart (retail price was $300, but it was on sale for $89) and I started to think - I'm buying this because I like it, but will the hubby? Oh, he'll like it because it's such a bargain! Guess what? I didn't really like it, but, as I mentioned, it was platinum-rimmed and on sale and I was in love with the bargain.
It sat in my cart for 10 more minutes while I wrestled with wanting vs. needing dishes. $89. I had $89 to spare. However, wouldn't $89 look better added to my saving account? Not to mention that I kept thinking about the hubby contemplating when we would ever use this stupid china set. He's perfectly happy using our Crate and Barrel outlet store dishes. Ultimately, so was I. I did not get the dishes. Since I had already added $150 to my saving account the day before, I did not add the $89 to go with it. (I felt I needed to come clean about that since you might infer that I did.)
So, my new year's resolution is to take any money that I would spend on stuff I want and put it in my savings account. At the end of the year, I'm sure it would be a pretty penny. Maybe it's honeymoon money. Maybe it's "whatever the hell the hubby and I want" money. But since I know my hubby, what he wants is savings. These are tough times and we need to take care of each other.
The other thing I'd like to do is spend more time with the hubs. I can't really change that our schedules are funky, so I'll just have to make more out the time we spend together.
Enjoy your holidays. Cherish that which means a lot to you and discard that which prevents you from being the best you you can be. Take 2010 by the horns, people.

1 Comments:
Happy holidays to you, too,Cee! Hope you get more time with the hubby in 2010.
Love,
Hungry Dog
Post a Comment
<< Home