Friday, June 16, 2006

It's A Beautiful Day..for Lunchin'

It's a beautiful day. It could be the most beautiful day I've seen in ages!

I met up with a smattering of former non-profit colleagues today for lunch. They all make good money doing what they do now. They looked happy and fresh-faced. I miss my regular lunches with them.

I had a terrific lunch by the water. The meal was delightful. We had some very tasty Vietnamese specialties. Whenever I go out with this or some other group of friends, there's always a final bite of something left on each plate that is being shared. If you're dining family style, that means that there are several plates on the table crowding out your small dining plate. Well, that just sickens me. Since I picked the spot, I accepted the role of plate polisher. I didn't wait around for people to politely ask, "Would you like the last ____?" I assigned what I didn't want to eat by saying, "So friend, how about eating this last appetizer?" I just dove in for the rest. The other reason I no longer shy away from finishing the last of a plate is because I thought about all the tasty morsels I let get finished by others. The last straw was paying an ungodly sum of money for a meal once that I "shared" and still being hungry. Isn't that awful? No more!!

I do love lunch. It's my favorite meal of the day. For me, lunch consists of an appetizer, entree, and dessert. I always want to see the dessert menu. Even if I don't want anything, I want to see it. I ordered dessert. I think I also half-heartedly offered some to my companions. They declined and I devoured. I am a satisfied diner.

Lunch took 2.5 hours. Is that so wrong? Considering I dine at my desk almost every day, it's not wrong. No one said anything upon my return. If no one says anything, I'm in the clear. I'll just sit here and plan tomorrow's lunch with the beau.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home