Friday, March 23, 2007

US Govt Calling!

I never answer my phone. I also never check my messages. I have caller id and if family calls, I'll pick it up, but most of the time people get sent to the answering machine. It's not uncommon for us to have 30+ messages on the phone because we never listen to them. People must really hate my voice by now saying Please leave your name, number and the time you called and we'll get back to you. Ha! Lies. We won't get back to you.

Yesterday, the phone rang. I checked the caller id and saw US Govt. Hmm, why would the government be calling us?!?!? I went upstairs to see if they had left a message and they had. Imagine...the government wanted to talk to us so bad that they left us a message.

I scanned through the 15 other messages to get to the US Government's call. Were we going to be asked to perform a secret mission? Did they need critical information? Had we won some governmental lottery? Were we in trouble?!?

The call was from a hospital. They weren't even trying to get us, but the transplant who stayed with us a while ago. Boo!! They even called again very late at night to try to catch him. How disappointing :-(

3 Comments:

Blogger Nat said...

Lol! That's just like our house. We never answer the phone and leave the message service kick in - and then return the ones from people we actually like. The goverment don't call us though. Just as well really!! xxx

6:30 PM  
Blogger Cee in SF said...

Yeah, it's usually better when the gov't isn't calling you. Although having the gov't call isn't as exciting as having, say, a TV show call.

10:23 AM  
Blogger Nat said...

Lol! I never called them back!! Guess I'll just have to spend the rest of my life whiling over missed opportunities on that one.
Not ;) xxx

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home