Doldrums
It's very chilly today.
When I get angry, I don't get hot. I get cold. Last night, we had a meeting where utter ridiculousness happened. I won't bore you with the details except to say that the Board is committed to mediocrity. I can't live like that.
I don't care anymore. I care so little about everything that I can't even bring myself to eat or drink well. It's quite stupid, but I feel like it takes all the energy in the world to get a cup of water.
Back in my youth, I used to internalize my depression and have terrible stomach pains. Luckily, I don't do that anymore. Now, I just get migraines. They're ever-present. But I've been depressed before and then been fine. We all have. The older I get, the more I understand that I have the power to change the situation causing the depression. I'm working on it now. Hope that bloody job calls me back!! In the meantime, the light at the end of the proverbial tunnel gets farther and farther away.
This morning, the beau and I had a conversation about Daylight Saving Time. I asked if we lose or gain an hour. I couldn't remember Spring Forward, Fall Back. Malnourishment will do that to you. He said we lose an hour. My bathroom clock never got adjusted from the last Daylight Saving Time. It's been an hour ahead for months now. I said that I was glad I didn't have to adjust it. He didn't understand what I meant. Maybe he was hungry, too. We proceeded to say the same thing in different ways without the other getting that we're trying to say the SAME THING - we lose an hour. We spent 10 minutes on this. As frustrating as that was, it was still a million times more fun than the best day at work.
When I get angry, I don't get hot. I get cold. Last night, we had a meeting where utter ridiculousness happened. I won't bore you with the details except to say that the Board is committed to mediocrity. I can't live like that.
I don't care anymore. I care so little about everything that I can't even bring myself to eat or drink well. It's quite stupid, but I feel like it takes all the energy in the world to get a cup of water.
Back in my youth, I used to internalize my depression and have terrible stomach pains. Luckily, I don't do that anymore. Now, I just get migraines. They're ever-present. But I've been depressed before and then been fine. We all have. The older I get, the more I understand that I have the power to change the situation causing the depression. I'm working on it now. Hope that bloody job calls me back!! In the meantime, the light at the end of the proverbial tunnel gets farther and farther away.
This morning, the beau and I had a conversation about Daylight Saving Time. I asked if we lose or gain an hour. I couldn't remember Spring Forward, Fall Back. Malnourishment will do that to you. He said we lose an hour. My bathroom clock never got adjusted from the last Daylight Saving Time. It's been an hour ahead for months now. I said that I was glad I didn't have to adjust it. He didn't understand what I meant. Maybe he was hungry, too. We proceeded to say the same thing in different ways without the other getting that we're trying to say the SAME THING - we lose an hour. We spent 10 minutes on this. As frustrating as that was, it was still a million times more fun than the best day at work.

5 Comments:
Don't they not even have Daylight Saving Time where he's from? That's probably why he wasn't getting what you were saying. The entire concept is probably strange and frightening to him.
HA! You're right. I learned last night that we weren't trying to say the same thing at all. He thought I was wrong and that we gained an hour. We laughed about it again last night and vowed never to speak of it again.
Bless the pair of you - get some oily fish down your necks - it's supposed to be good for the ole brain cells :) xx
PS - the jam in those muffins........CHERRY!!!! xx
Cherry sounds just fine, too. I wonder how it would be with some fish oil mixed in somewhere...
Post a Comment
<< Home