Anchors Away 2008!
I'm Alaska-bound! I booked a cruise for me and the beau this week. We're off to Alaska on Princess for 10 days roundtrip from SF.
I decided on an interior cabin. If I wanna see the majesty that is Alaska, I'll walk outside. Or turn on the TV and view the ship's camera broadcast. We're saving our $$ for a balcony when we cruise to Europe. I'm worried that Alaska will be cold and the interior of the ship will be warmer. I'll let you know how that plan works out.
My cruise is 11 months away, but I almost gave myself a migraine with the excitement of booking it. We have a nice cabin where we'll receive many orders of room service. The beau made sure they had an Italian restaurant on board because he's crazy for the pizzas we got on our first cruise. Crazy, I tells ya!
Our last cruise together was 14 days through the Panama Canal. That seemed like a long enough time. I remember thinking, after 10 days, that we felt rested enough to return. But on the Panama Cruise, we had to deal with getting back to SF from Florida. We had a miserable time because our plane stopped 3x and we only got small bags of peanuts. I'm super excited about cruising roundtrip from home. Plus, we can load up on souvenirs (of what yet, I'm not sure) and not worry about airline luggage weight restrictions.
I know I want to do at least one nice excursion like taking trip on a helicopter, landing on a glacier, and exploring. I am so captivated by pictures I see of glaciers. The colors are mesmerizing and I can't wait to photograph it. We can't book our excursions until 120 days before departure. I'm marking that day on the calendar because I want first dibs on excursions.
Enough for now. I decided to write instead of eat. I should eat.
I decided on an interior cabin. If I wanna see the majesty that is Alaska, I'll walk outside. Or turn on the TV and view the ship's camera broadcast. We're saving our $$ for a balcony when we cruise to Europe. I'm worried that Alaska will be cold and the interior of the ship will be warmer. I'll let you know how that plan works out.
My cruise is 11 months away, but I almost gave myself a migraine with the excitement of booking it. We have a nice cabin where we'll receive many orders of room service. The beau made sure they had an Italian restaurant on board because he's crazy for the pizzas we got on our first cruise. Crazy, I tells ya!
Our last cruise together was 14 days through the Panama Canal. That seemed like a long enough time. I remember thinking, after 10 days, that we felt rested enough to return. But on the Panama Cruise, we had to deal with getting back to SF from Florida. We had a miserable time because our plane stopped 3x and we only got small bags of peanuts. I'm super excited about cruising roundtrip from home. Plus, we can load up on souvenirs (of what yet, I'm not sure) and not worry about airline luggage weight restrictions.
I know I want to do at least one nice excursion like taking trip on a helicopter, landing on a glacier, and exploring. I am so captivated by pictures I see of glaciers. The colors are mesmerizing and I can't wait to photograph it. We can't book our excursions until 120 days before departure. I'm marking that day on the calendar because I want first dibs on excursions.
Enough for now. I decided to write instead of eat. I should eat.

4 Comments:
11 months of anticipation! That's going to be really exciting for you all. I've never been on a cruise because I'm terrified of boats.
I wish I had words to help relieve your fear of boats because cruising is so much fun! My mom is terrified of boats, too. I invited her to join us, but she declined.
Sounds amazing. Cold, but amazing :) xxx
It eill be cols, but it's pretty cold in SF anyway. Plus, I'd rather be looking at glaciers than almost anything else.
Post a Comment
<< Home