Friday, August 24, 2007

Glue Dots

I know I said I was going to try to curb my QVC habit but they decided to have an all Scrapbooking and Crafting Day. I had to watch.

I bought some really cute patterned paper and some glue dots, which I got in the mail yesterday. Have you used glue dots? They're brilliant! They are what they sound like - a blob of glue that you transfer onto your project to stick stuff together. Like double-sided tape, but cooler and double-sided tape is cool.

I've very easily entertained and the glue dots are entertaining the hell out of me. I had a scrapbook layout that I haven't been able to finish in forever because I couldn't figure out how to adhere my page title, which I created in wire, to my page without ruining the page's look. It's an aesthetic thing. I'm sure there are a million ways to do it, but none of them felt right.

I opened my glue dots yesterday and dug out my incomplete layout (2 pages in 12" x 12" format). The seas parted and the sun shone as I stuck a glue dot onto my page and smashed my wire to it. It held tight. I stuck the rest of the title on using a combo of 2 different sized glue dots and added a few more embellishments. It was finished.

I added it to my scrapbook and stared. It was a Thanksgiving layout documenting my first holiday w/ the beau, the first turkey I cooked (with the giblets still inside) and one of the last Thanksgivings I spent with my dog, Gabby.

I didn't cry yesterday. It thrilled me to have this moment captured allowing me to relive it. Of course, I'm sad now, but a good kind of sad. This is the magic of a scrapbook. It helps you "feel" the good times again. Kind of like this blog helps me do.

4 Comments:

Blogger Nat said...

Hurrah! She scrapbooked!! It is therapeutic. Glad you got a memory treasured and feel good for it. And I'm laughing my head off imagining a ray of light shining down on you and the sound of trumpets playing as you discover the wonder of glue dots! People must love them here as QVC has them on auto-delivery but they nearly always get out of stock. I tried them but ended up getting them all over tha place. I'm a "herma" girl myself :) xxx

10:05 AM  
Blogger Cee in SF said...

I actually finished another page today with my glue dots.

I've got all my scrapbooking supplies spread out in the living room in an attempt to organize myself. It's like going shopping all over again. I hope I can still get supplies for my Xyron 505. I forgot how cool it is.

Herma?! Do tell...

4:51 PM  
Blogger Nat said...

Oooh girl - you're on a roll!!

Herma - it's a little hand-held dispenser that transfers rows of tiny adhesive dots to your paper/card/ribbon or whatever, and it's removable and replacable which is perfect for a disaster queen, like myself!!

There's a pic of one here if you are ever so bored that you wish to take a look: http://www.centralcrafts.com/pp/Album_Accessories/Mounting_Supplies/Hermafix_Non-Permanent.html

5:06 PM  
Blogger Cee in SF said...

Hmm, I'll check it out...

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home