35 Ain't So Bad...
Yeah, it kinda is. Today's my b-day and you know how I love them so! But this year is a bit weird. Getting to 35 seems bigger than any other b-day in terms of mental impact on me.
What do I have to show for my 35 years? A good career, I guess. A nice place to live with the man I love. Oh, and a man I love. Those are all good things. But there's something missing.
Is it baby time? It might be. My mom had her 4th at 33. I'm SO behind schedule. How does one shake off selfishness long enough to consider conceiving? I'm corn-fused.
It doesn't seem like I'm 35. You couldn't tell by the breakouts I have right now. It's like I'm 15. Damn breakouts! [insert image of fist shaking at the clouds] Thank goodness for good makeup. Thank you, Bare Escentuals!
I'm alone in the office now, which seems appropriate. I'm not too in the mood to celebrate. In fact, I'm kinda pooped. That's what happens when you're 35. You're tired before anything even happens. D'oh! On a lighter note, the beau got the day off so we can have dinner together. I requested steak taco night. I love steak tacos w/ jalapenos and some caramelized onions. MMM! How long 'til dinner?
What do I have to show for my 35 years? A good career, I guess. A nice place to live with the man I love. Oh, and a man I love. Those are all good things. But there's something missing.
Is it baby time? It might be. My mom had her 4th at 33. I'm SO behind schedule. How does one shake off selfishness long enough to consider conceiving? I'm corn-fused.
It doesn't seem like I'm 35. You couldn't tell by the breakouts I have right now. It's like I'm 15. Damn breakouts! [insert image of fist shaking at the clouds] Thank goodness for good makeup. Thank you, Bare Escentuals!
I'm alone in the office now, which seems appropriate. I'm not too in the mood to celebrate. In fact, I'm kinda pooped. That's what happens when you're 35. You're tired before anything even happens. D'oh! On a lighter note, the beau got the day off so we can have dinner together. I requested steak taco night. I love steak tacos w/ jalapenos and some caramelized onions. MMM! How long 'til dinner?

2 Comments:
Happy Birthday!!!
Oh dear, you don't sound like a happy birthday bunny. Enjoy it! Eat cake!
Have a great time tonight :) xxx
All I've been doing is eatnig cake! Not that there's anything wrong with it, but I think I should incorporate another food category soon. But not 'til next week.
Post a Comment
<< Home