I'm Back Again!
I'm back from my cruise to Mexico. My friend and her daughter were so fun to go on the cruise with.
We took Royal Caribbean. You know what? I was disappointed. The service was OK and the food was barely OK. I'll be optimistic and say I caught them on a bad trip. I'm sure the people work very hard and their jobs can't be easy.
I've got a bunch of stories, but I'll start with this one because I have to get back to work.
I love trying to spot dolphins off the side of the ship. I found some early in the morning and it just whet my appetite for more. I made my friends walk around the ship stopping every few feet to try to spot dolphins.
At the aft of the boat, floating in the clear blue water I spotted one. It was swimming slowly and it looked like it was going to surface for us. I waited and waited, but the dolphin was moving oddly. I had my camera ready and was waving like a maniac to the dolphin to surface. I was yelling, "Hi dolphin! Thank you for saying hi to us!!"
My friend's daughter, who was excited because I was so happy to get a picture of the dolphin, pointed out that the dolphin didn't seem quite right. She asked, "Is that dolphin alive?" I said, "Sure it is. Don't you see it floating and playing?" She said, "Yeah, but don't they need a tail?"
That's when I noticed that my cute dolphin had no lower body. I was waving to a lifeless dolphin. My glee turned into sorrow. I went to the buffet to take my mind off of it.
The ocean is a cruel mistress.
We took Royal Caribbean. You know what? I was disappointed. The service was OK and the food was barely OK. I'll be optimistic and say I caught them on a bad trip. I'm sure the people work very hard and their jobs can't be easy.
I've got a bunch of stories, but I'll start with this one because I have to get back to work.
I love trying to spot dolphins off the side of the ship. I found some early in the morning and it just whet my appetite for more. I made my friends walk around the ship stopping every few feet to try to spot dolphins.
At the aft of the boat, floating in the clear blue water I spotted one. It was swimming slowly and it looked like it was going to surface for us. I waited and waited, but the dolphin was moving oddly. I had my camera ready and was waving like a maniac to the dolphin to surface. I was yelling, "Hi dolphin! Thank you for saying hi to us!!"
My friend's daughter, who was excited because I was so happy to get a picture of the dolphin, pointed out that the dolphin didn't seem quite right. She asked, "Is that dolphin alive?" I said, "Sure it is. Don't you see it floating and playing?" She said, "Yeah, but don't they need a tail?"
That's when I noticed that my cute dolphin had no lower body. I was waving to a lifeless dolphin. My glee turned into sorrow. I went to the buffet to take my mind off of it.
The ocean is a cruel mistress.

2 Comments:
Awww no :( Your tales usually have such happy endings!!!
This tale couldn't end happily because the dolphin had no tail. :-(
Post a Comment
<< Home