Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Guess Who I Met?

Man, SF can be boring. Growing up in L.A., I remember meeting and seeing celebrities out and about. I thought it would be fun to do a series of memorable meetings/sightings.

Let's start with Steve Harris. He was on that show The Practice. Well, once I was at a movie premiere. A non-profit I worked at was the beneficiary of the movie premiere so I got to go. I was standing beside the paparazzi as the stars for the movie and other guests were walking the red carpet. From my vantage point, I could see the celebs before the paparazzi could. I'd say to my friend, "Hey, there's Val Kilmer.*" Before the paparazzi could even see him, they started yelling, "Val! Val! Over here, Val!"

I got drunk with power until I screwed up. I leaned to my friend and said very loudly, "Here comes Ving Rhames." "Ving! VING! Over here, Ving!!" "Excuse me, " scolded Steve Harris. "I am not Ving Rhames. I am Steve Harris. I am on The Practice." He scowled at the paparazzi, who in turn, scowled at me. Yikes. It was time to move on. I felt awful because I was a huge fan of The Practice.

I gave myself bonus points later that night for recognizing Antoine Fuqua when no one else did. They didn't even want to let him into the movie until I said, "Hello!? He directed The Replacement Killers." He was very nice.

* I have a Val Kilmer story for later.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nat said...

My claim to fame is that I went to the same Dance School as Catherine "Old Fogey Loving" Zeta Jones. She's from right here in lil' ole Swansea. We didn't go at the same time, but she came to visit all us little ones when her TV career started taking off in the UK. Such a shame the dancing never did the same for my career (or my figure, for that matter!!)hehe. Think I got the best deal anyway - I'm going to be a Teacher!!!
xxx

6:03 PM  
Blogger Cee in SF said...

Who doesn't love a teacher? We all do! And you wouldn't want an old fogey when you've got Lee! You win all around.

3:33 PM  
Blogger Nat said...

Just don't let him hear that ok?!! xx

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home