Crab Apples
I'm looking out my window right now and I see a mess of crab apples. At least I think that's what they are. I hear kids use crab apples and other fruit from fruit trees as ammunition to attack people and things. Hope there aren't any kids around. I like my stuff the way it is.
As I look at the crab apples, I am reminded of the time I used to look out my window and see the Golden Gate Bridge, boats, water, fog, sky, birds, starfish, etc... That was pretty nice. Now, I see crab apples. That's nice in it's own way, too. It's more serene. It helps my brain calm itself.
Although, today I'm sad I can't see the Bay because the wayward whales that were stuck in the delta are making their way back to the ocean where they belong. They're expected to cross under the Golden Gate Bridge this morning. I have a feeling they're already gone and enjoying the open ocean, escaping under the cover of night. People are lining the coast for a sighting. If I hear they're in the Bay, I'll head over and be one of them. I've always wanted to see a whale. But, I didn't want to see it in peril. Until they make it to sea, they're in peril.
For now, I'm just sitting amongst the crab apples and contemplating nature and how I have to work late two nights in a row starting today.
As I look at the crab apples, I am reminded of the time I used to look out my window and see the Golden Gate Bridge, boats, water, fog, sky, birds, starfish, etc... That was pretty nice. Now, I see crab apples. That's nice in it's own way, too. It's more serene. It helps my brain calm itself.
Although, today I'm sad I can't see the Bay because the wayward whales that were stuck in the delta are making their way back to the ocean where they belong. They're expected to cross under the Golden Gate Bridge this morning. I have a feeling they're already gone and enjoying the open ocean, escaping under the cover of night. People are lining the coast for a sighting. If I hear they're in the Bay, I'll head over and be one of them. I've always wanted to see a whale. But, I didn't want to see it in peril. Until they make it to sea, they're in peril.
For now, I'm just sitting amongst the crab apples and contemplating nature and how I have to work late two nights in a row starting today.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home