Monday, May 07, 2007

So Hot!!

I mean that literally. It's supposed to reach 90+ degrees here in SF. It's gorgeous day!! The whole week is expected to be nice. Maybe I can get some color...

Since I only have a few days left with my current employer, I'm gonna enjoy as much of the day and week as possible. I wore sneakers to work today so I could get up and walk around whenever I want. How fortuitous because...

I had some colleagues invite me to lunch to day as a farewell. We're walking to the restaurant and walking back. There aren't a lot of options near us so we have to walk if we want good food. I've certainly never walked to a restaurant while working here. I always drive. This will be a first (and last.) They were very sweet to ask so I couldn't say no.

OK, you know about my leg thing. Well my legs are still quite sore. More specifically, my quad muscles. Can I really walk over? I don't know. I may end up driving. I wish I had some quarters for parking...

Anyone else get migraines from the sun? I called my doc for a refill on my migraine medication and I haven't heard back. Hope that happens soon. I want to fully enjoy the sun, not just admire it from a darkened room behind sunglasses.

Also, this weekend I bought some new QVC toys - a weeder that requires no bending and a makeup collection from Smashbox. It comes w/ 18 shades of lip color. Who doesn't want that??

UPDATES: Rummaging through my desk, I found a migraine pill (whew!!) and a $20 bill. I also just got a call from my doc's office and there's more migraine medicine waiting to be picked up at the pharmacy. And my colleagues bought me lunch. What a great day!

2 Comments:

Blogger Nat said...

Did you walk it in the end or drive? What nice colleagues you have - I'm sure mine won't be able to wait to see me go should I leave :( But I dislike the majority of them also, so it's a mutual thing!

Your new toys sound fun - I have been busy in my garden and would oh so love your weeder!! xxx

8:07 AM  
Blogger Lisa Blah Blah said...

"a weeder that requires no bending": is this a euphemism for something I should know about? Kids these days!

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home