Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Greys - I Curse Thee

I've got tons of grey hair.

I noticed my first grey at around 14 years old. I used to think it was cool. Oooo, I'm an adult. Now that I am an adult, it ain't so fun. In fact, I've got a patch of grey snack in the middle of my head that won't behave.

The beau, who has many greys himself, tells me buy a box and dye it. I don't like that idea. I'm always nervous that I'll miss some hair or my scalp will burn. I've tried it a few times, but the greys are very resistant and manage to not absorb any color.

So, I'm off to the professionals. I've made an appointment to get color, highlights, and a haircut. I didn't think about how much this might cost, but I know I'm cashing in some vacation time. That should cover it. It's also just in time to start my new job. I always feel so much better with a new cut and color. I think Daniel Craig would like it, too.*

* Just so you know, the beau pinned up a pic of his fave Victoria's Secret model in the house. I'm a little more subtle. Whereas I won't plaster images of Daniel Craig around my home, I've got a print out of the image from my previous post taped to my computer at work. (Oh, BTW, I watched the first five minutes of Casino Royale on pay-per-view over and over last night. That's all you get for free unless you buy the movie.)

The beau gets jealous if I have occasional star crushes, but he doesn't care if I know his. What is it about guys? Anyway, it's not like Mr. Craig is gonna come waltzing into my office to take me to lunch. If he did, I'd cancel any plans I had...

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn! I actually was going to come by the office today to take you out for some egg salad, but I just can't deal with jealous beaus. In spite of my image, I'm really not as tough as everyone seems to think (I am British, after all). Cheerio!

11:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not really related, but I remember when I was in English in 8th Grade, the girl I sat next to used to ask me to look for grey hairs every week and yank them out. She had quite a few, so sometimes it would take a little bit. But it was an incredibly boring teacher, so I didn't mind.

11:38 AM  
Blogger Cee in SF said...

Mr. Craig - I don't believe that you couldn't take a punch to the gut. I'll bet an egg salad sandwich on it.

J. Ringo - If you pluck out the greys, more grow back in their place! She must be covered in them by now. Lemme know if she needs the # to my colorist.

2:55 PM  
Blogger Nat said...

I had my first hair when I was 18 - much to my sheer horror but my twisted hair dressers' delight! I use that L'oreal Colour Experte two-step thing at home - it covers those pesky greys a treat. The only dilemma I do have is that while the mirror tells me that I now have mid-blonde hair, the camera tells me I'm decidedly ginger. I'm not sure if it's the camera or the mirror that are broken. xxx

6:51 PM  
Blogger Cee in SF said...

I'll look into the color expert from L'Oreal. I'll see what color I think I'd like to be this season. If I'm gonna dye, I might as well have fun with it.

9:18 AM  
Blogger Lisa Blah Blah said...

Working from home to day so I am able to finally comment! I have to go to a work event on Friday and I'm actually trying to get in to a salon this afternoon to get my greys abolished. What color did you decide to go with?

10:40 AM  
Blogger Cee in SF said...

I went with medium brown and two shades of highlights - honey and caramel. MMM, tasty. It looks lovely. Oooo, I should snap a photo and upload it! Soemthing to do tonight.

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home