More Musings on Friendship
Remember how my new year's resolution was to get back in touch with old friends? Well, I think I've changed my mind.
I was thinking this morning about "old friends." How many of my alleged "old friends" have reached out to me? Um, very few. I have always found myself reaching out to people I've considered to be "old friends."
I think my definition of friend has been too loose. Just because I knew you in some way, shape, or form doesn't mean we have enough in common to sustain a friendship now. I like the quality of friends I have. I'm not willing to risk quality for quantity.
So, if you're a "friend" from the past, I shall think fondly upon our interactions and wish you the best. But you won't be hearing from me.
I was thinking this morning about "old friends." How many of my alleged "old friends" have reached out to me? Um, very few. I have always found myself reaching out to people I've considered to be "old friends."
I think my definition of friend has been too loose. Just because I knew you in some way, shape, or form doesn't mean we have enough in common to sustain a friendship now. I like the quality of friends I have. I'm not willing to risk quality for quantity.
So, if you're a "friend" from the past, I shall think fondly upon our interactions and wish you the best. But you won't be hearing from me.

2 Comments:
OUCH! Is this directed at me?
Hee hee. No. Not yet!
Post a Comment
<< Home