Friendship
I have good friends. I'm lucky that way. People you know that you want to keep in touch with, that you can share anything with. People who don't judge. People who want what's best for you.
Then, there are people that you grow close to because of a common circumstance, proximity, or other reason that isn't organic. You know "co-worker friends."
I have a problem. The two people I'm closest two at work each fit the categories above: my boss, who I think is fab!!, and another colleague. We often lunch together as a trio. We often have very confidential meetings together about the craziness at work. Now that I've told them that I'm leaving, the other colleague is becoming clingy. The one thing that'll make me run faster than anything is a clingy person. She's invading my personal space, too. She tapped me with her foot and put her hand on me - in completely normal, friendly ways - but I don't like it. Those of you who know me know I prize my personal space.
It's a problem that I've had since childhood and I get to deal with it now. Nice. A learning experience? Perhaps. I just hope I'm not too rude about it.
Then, there are people that you grow close to because of a common circumstance, proximity, or other reason that isn't organic. You know "co-worker friends."
I have a problem. The two people I'm closest two at work each fit the categories above: my boss, who I think is fab!!, and another colleague. We often lunch together as a trio. We often have very confidential meetings together about the craziness at work. Now that I've told them that I'm leaving, the other colleague is becoming clingy. The one thing that'll make me run faster than anything is a clingy person. She's invading my personal space, too. She tapped me with her foot and put her hand on me - in completely normal, friendly ways - but I don't like it. Those of you who know me know I prize my personal space.
It's a problem that I've had since childhood and I get to deal with it now. Nice. A learning experience? Perhaps. I just hope I'm not too rude about it.

4 Comments:
Hey, I'm with you. Nobody respects personal space anymore. It's society's problem, not yours.
Yeah, I blame society. And birds. Birds are awful. They don't care about personal space at all!!
Birds don't respect my fresh, white, clean laundry on the washing lines' personal space either - darn their poopy tail feathers xxx
Birds are evil!!
Post a Comment
<< Home