Thursday, May 03, 2007

Morning Musings - Rage

I am an angry woman this morning.

I got very little sleep. When I did manage a snooze, it was plagued with nightmares. A while back, my doc gave my a pill to help me get to bed. I had complained about not being able to shut off my brain. The pill worked. Her advice was to take the pill for a few days to correct my sleep cycle. Well, six weeks is a few days right?

As I saw my nonrefillable prescription get smaller and smaller, I decided that I should stop taking the pill so I don't become dependent. I stopped taking it a few days ago and I can't sleep again. Cold turkey sucks!

Last night, laying there with my eyes wide open, there were two songs stuck in my head - Prince's Purple Rain and Gnarls Barkley's Crazy. Two songs at the same time. It drove me insane. You ever get a song stuck on a loop in your head and no matter how hard you try to can't break the loop? Try two songs at a time. It's just a bunch of noise.

I called in to work to tell them I was running late. Oh, I have a headache, too. Not a migraine, thank goodness, just an old fashioned annoying vice around my head, squeezing and squeezing until I want to cry. I seriously want to cry from exhaustion and frustration.

Plus, driving into work, I encountered every jackhole imaginable in a car. I was so full of rage driving around. That's not good. I know today is meant to be a test of my patience and strength. I don't know if I can do it, but I have to try because I have no choice. I don't even think my little pin up of Daniel Craig is going to help. I just sneer at him and anyone who is unfortunate enough to walk into my office.

At least I got a NEW SIGNATURE SCENT in the mail yesterday. That's helping. It's called Hesperides from Fresh. I layer it with my other signature scent Sugar Lemon (they changed the name from Lemon Sugar. Why??)

BTW, as I was writing this, my fave boss walked by my door and backtracked to say he loved me. (He and I get along very well. He's got a boyfriend so don't think there's any funny business.) He's such a sweetie. I'm gonna miss him and it helped to melt some of the rage.

3 Comments:

Blogger sploo said...

Sweetie:

Remember when Hank Hill told Luanne what to do with her rage? Well, I don't like to contradict the advice of stalwart television characters but I say let it all out. Open up a can of whoop ass!

love.

12:36 PM  
Blogger Cee in SF said...

Sploo - I keep my rage in a tight ball in my belly. I don't know how to let it out. Please advise.

2:56 PM  
Blogger Nat said...

Know what you mean about the late night songs in your head!! Man I could kill those kids from the kelloggs Frosties advert at 3am!!!

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home