Wednesday, June 27, 2007

So Close to Cruisin'

Woo hoo! I'm close to departing for my cruise to Ensenada.

I fly down on Thurs evening and embark Friday. I'm very excited. Actually, not really. I'd be super excited if the beau was going with me, but I'm going w/ a gal pal and her daughter. Make no mistake, I really like my friend, but I love sharing adventures with the beau.

I think he's a little jealous, too. I know he doesn't have the same kind of time flexibility that I do nor does he make as much as I do. And did I mention he's teetering on quitting? He really hates his job.

I just bought ~$100 worth of make up on QVC when the beau announced that I should be careful with future big purchases because he didn't know what he wanted to do about his job. D'oh! I've been there before. I made certain that he make sure to have some place to go before he quit.

I think he takes a job not working out personally. He's a very likable, helpful, and hard-working person so when a job doesn't work out, I think he takes it personally. Anyway, that's for another time/post.

So I haven't begun packing yet. How much could I need? A few bathing suits, a few shirts, pants, dress (for formal night when they light all the Baked Alaskas and parade around the dining room), a jacket, sweater, sunscreen, shoes, socks, and pjs. Oh, and about $100 worth of new make up from Bare Escentuals. Lastly, my honking new fake engagement ring so that the drunk frat boys won't bother me. Would drunken frat boys bother a mid-30s gal? DON'T ANSWER!!

I still need to figure out what books to read.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Blah Blah said...

I love that "impending vacation" feeling. Make sure you get your books before you leave - I forgot one of mine and then was stuck with a crappy selection in the tiny Maui airport on the way home. Don't fall prey to Danielle Steele. There, I said it.

3:41 PM  
Blogger Cee in SF said...

I don't like Danielle Steele. I like Voltaire and JK Rowling. How random. I might try City of God by St. Augustine. But I'd dig something lighter.

4:57 PM  
Blogger Nat said...

Have a great Cruise - you lucky thing! Hve a whopping great big piece of that baked alaska just for me!!

Hope things sort themselves out one way or another for the Beau :)

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home