Fake Engagement Ring
Remember I said I bought a fake engagement ring for the cruise?* Well, it came in handy after all.
I forced my friends to join me at trivia contests and other games while on the cruise. By the final night, they were dragging me to them. The dragged me to a game called, "The Quest." Be afraid of this game. Be very afraid!
The idea is that your team gets a number and you should have a least 5 players - a mix of boys and girls. The game show leader yells out, "I'm looking for the first team to show me a Cruise Compass!" (the daily cruise mag listing all activities) and you run your booty on stage and get points. The game show leader reads off your team number and the first team gets the most points with subsequent teams getting fewer and fewer.
We sat miles away because we didn't know how this worked. And there was only three of us and none of us were men.
So we had no Cruise Compass, so we lost out. They then asked to see a tan line, so my friend's daughter ran to show hers. Next, they asked to see a rock. Who the hell carries a rock in their purse? My friend's daughter shouted for me to run down there. "But I don't have a rock, " I said. "Yes you do. Your RING!" Bingo!! I grabbed out team number and waved my rock at the game show leader. We got points. It came in handy!
Then they asked to see a man wearing lipstick. We had lipstick, but there was no man. My friend harassed all the guys around us until one agreed and he ran like the dickens to get us points. He also ran down in sandals because they called out for men wearing women's sandals. We drew the line when they wanted to see a man in a woman's bra. We weren't giving that up.
* I really bought the ring to prove to the beau I didn't need a real diamond, which I don't, but my ring is too massive and the plating is wearing off. I'm returning it. :-( Hopefully, I'll find something else I'll like.
I forced my friends to join me at trivia contests and other games while on the cruise. By the final night, they were dragging me to them. The dragged me to a game called, "The Quest." Be afraid of this game. Be very afraid!
The idea is that your team gets a number and you should have a least 5 players - a mix of boys and girls. The game show leader yells out, "I'm looking for the first team to show me a Cruise Compass!" (the daily cruise mag listing all activities) and you run your booty on stage and get points. The game show leader reads off your team number and the first team gets the most points with subsequent teams getting fewer and fewer.
We sat miles away because we didn't know how this worked. And there was only three of us and none of us were men.
So we had no Cruise Compass, so we lost out. They then asked to see a tan line, so my friend's daughter ran to show hers. Next, they asked to see a rock. Who the hell carries a rock in their purse? My friend's daughter shouted for me to run down there. "But I don't have a rock, " I said. "Yes you do. Your RING!" Bingo!! I grabbed out team number and waved my rock at the game show leader. We got points. It came in handy!
Then they asked to see a man wearing lipstick. We had lipstick, but there was no man. My friend harassed all the guys around us until one agreed and he ran like the dickens to get us points. He also ran down in sandals because they called out for men wearing women's sandals. We drew the line when they wanted to see a man in a woman's bra. We weren't giving that up.
We lost miserably, but had a hell of a time!
* I really bought the ring to prove to the beau I didn't need a real diamond, which I don't, but my ring is too massive and the plating is wearing off. I'm returning it. :-( Hopefully, I'll find something else I'll like.

2 Comments:
lol! Sounds like you had a fab cruise x
It was fun, even if the food was crap.
I'm already planning my next cruise. I want it to be roundtrip from SF to Alaska. I've decided to overrule the beau and his desire to go to Europe.
Post a Comment
<< Home