Where Did I Leave Off?
Oh, yeah. My trip to L.A. I spent lots of time w/ my sisses and Mom in L.A. I can't handle the heat anymore and boy, howdy, was it hot!
I rented a car, but instead of the ol' PT Cruiser (which was parked in the spot next to my rental), I got a Hyundai Sonata. I fancy myself a car snob, but I liked the Hyundai Sonata. It was a very comfy ride, economical on gas, roomy, and it smelled yummy because it was new. I think I lost a few brain cells with all the new-car smell inhaling I did.
Normally, I'm a boring traveler. Subconsciously, I must have wanted to spice it up for my departure from SF to L.A. First of all, in my brain, I worked out that I only needed 30 mins to get to the airport on a Friday evening. In theory, one can travel from my house to the airport in that time, but it's rare and I figured I have rare luck. Plus, it was my post-b-day weekend, so I should expect things to go smoothly.
Well, no, not so much because I hit traffic and I had no gas. Then, I had to look for parking in the economy lot and wait for the shuttle (which moves at 15 mph) to take me to the terminal. Then, I couldn't check my bag curbside because they were closed and the line inside was LONG!
When I finally checked my bag, a weird alarm sounded which notified everyone within earshot that I was a LATE CHECK-IN. Damn it! So I run to the screening line, which I find twisting and turning like a line at Disneyland. On one of my many twists and turns, I read that my flight is boarding. I'm nowhere near getting screened yet. I start to panic.
You know, people have no sympathy for late check-ins. Why should they? I should've left earlier. Suddenly, I feel the terminal swirling and I start getting hot and sweaty because did I mention it was hot? One of the few days in the year it gets hot and I'm fanning myself and swooning in the screening line.
I'm close now so I kick off my shoes to get a head start through the metal detectors and security. The joker behind me gets the same idea and with all the standing we're doing in the heat, he's got funky foot smell waft that's filling the terminal. UH! Everyone is being herded through the lines so he sticks close and the smell chases me for the next 10 mins.
It's finally my turn to go through the metal detector and I set it off. I never wear a belt, but today I had to wear the pants that needed the belt. I whip off my belt (and hold up my pants) and the screening officer says, "Take the change out of your pocket." "I don't have any." "Ma'am, take the change out of your pocket." "I DON'T HAVE ANY!"
I grab everything I own: belt in hand, jacket (yes, I stupidly wore a jacket in the heat), book, purse, luggage, and run. "Sir," I ask, "where is my gate?" "Up the escalator to the right." Remember, my plane began boarding like 20 mins ago. I run, pants falling, to my gate. Whew, it was close and I hear the announcement - Sorry for the delay. I'd like to welcome [my group] to Flight 007 en route to Burbank. Welcome aboard.
I walked on the plane. I know I've used up my rare luck for a year!
I rented a car, but instead of the ol' PT Cruiser (which was parked in the spot next to my rental), I got a Hyundai Sonata. I fancy myself a car snob, but I liked the Hyundai Sonata. It was a very comfy ride, economical on gas, roomy, and it smelled yummy because it was new. I think I lost a few brain cells with all the new-car smell inhaling I did.
Normally, I'm a boring traveler. Subconsciously, I must have wanted to spice it up for my departure from SF to L.A. First of all, in my brain, I worked out that I only needed 30 mins to get to the airport on a Friday evening. In theory, one can travel from my house to the airport in that time, but it's rare and I figured I have rare luck. Plus, it was my post-b-day weekend, so I should expect things to go smoothly.
Well, no, not so much because I hit traffic and I had no gas. Then, I had to look for parking in the economy lot and wait for the shuttle (which moves at 15 mph) to take me to the terminal. Then, I couldn't check my bag curbside because they were closed and the line inside was LONG!
When I finally checked my bag, a weird alarm sounded which notified everyone within earshot that I was a LATE CHECK-IN. Damn it! So I run to the screening line, which I find twisting and turning like a line at Disneyland. On one of my many twists and turns, I read that my flight is boarding. I'm nowhere near getting screened yet. I start to panic.
You know, people have no sympathy for late check-ins. Why should they? I should've left earlier. Suddenly, I feel the terminal swirling and I start getting hot and sweaty because did I mention it was hot? One of the few days in the year it gets hot and I'm fanning myself and swooning in the screening line.
I'm close now so I kick off my shoes to get a head start through the metal detectors and security. The joker behind me gets the same idea and with all the standing we're doing in the heat, he's got funky foot smell waft that's filling the terminal. UH! Everyone is being herded through the lines so he sticks close and the smell chases me for the next 10 mins.
It's finally my turn to go through the metal detector and I set it off. I never wear a belt, but today I had to wear the pants that needed the belt. I whip off my belt (and hold up my pants) and the screening officer says, "Take the change out of your pocket." "I don't have any." "Ma'am, take the change out of your pocket." "I DON'T HAVE ANY!"
I grab everything I own: belt in hand, jacket (yes, I stupidly wore a jacket in the heat), book, purse, luggage, and run. "Sir," I ask, "where is my gate?" "Up the escalator to the right." Remember, my plane began boarding like 20 mins ago. I run, pants falling, to my gate. Whew, it was close and I hear the announcement - Sorry for the delay. I'd like to welcome [my group] to Flight 007 en route to Burbank. Welcome aboard.
I walked on the plane. I know I've used up my rare luck for a year!

2 Comments:
Ah, the joys of air travel eh?! xx
Uh! I have never felt so awful about traveling ever and it wont happen again.
Post a Comment
<< Home