Tuesday, August 07, 2007

B-Day Fun! Thank You!!

Thank you to everyone who sent a b-day sentiment! My friend Johnny Ringo and the beau's mom sent me cards that arrived yesterday, the actual date of my b-day. That's a feat I've always appreciated because I could never do it. I also got cards from Southwest Airlines, my chiropractor, my insurance salesperson, and QVC. QVC sent me a special coupon to get four easy payments on any item over $50. I was very excited.

I got e-cards from my friends, too. The hallmark ones are adorable. Thanks RRRotten and Mama Blah Blah :-) Thanks Nat for the comment on my blog.

I got phone calls from lots of folks, too. My mom called and my sis, J. Also my friend Mr. X. He cracks me up. All in all, I had a blast yesterday.

At work, I got flowers and a cake and got taken out for lunch to the Nordstrom's Cafe for my vine ripened veg salad. I also ordered the white chocolate bread pudding w/ raspberry puree. If you're ever at the Nordstroms Cafe in SF, give it a try.

The beau made the most wonderful dinner last night. He marinated flank steak, grilled shrimp, prepared au gratin potatoes, BAKED a two tiered cake, and made lots of corn on the cob. He knows how I love that so! He gave me wonderful signature scents from Fresh, lotions and soaps. He got me two b-day cards. He manages to find the PERFECT card for every occasion, which I told him right before I opened my first card. It was a jokey card with an old lady doing weird things with floss. I was horrified, then amused. It was funny. His second card was perfect. I love him!!

My friend at work baked me a special cake, which she brought in today.

What a great way to start off the year!

3 Comments:

Blogger Nat said...

Happy day!! And wow - is your beau Gordon Ramsey or what?!!! xx

5:49 PM  
Blogger Cee in SF said...

He's *like* him except he has never called me a donkey. I laugh whenever I hear Ramsey say that.

12:37 PM  
Blogger Nat said...

Heeee-haw! xx

6:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home