I Am Frustrated
Oh, the world is crumbling around me and I feel bummed. I think I'll be OK financially, but because I fundraise, there's no $$ coming in at work.
I have been told that should my project get shelved because of trouble fundraising that they'd find another place for me at the org. However, I keep hearing murmurs of layoffs and cost cutting. It would also mean that if I stayed on in another capacity, I would be working my booty off to salvage what fundraising we could do for the org (vs. just my project.) Do I want to do this? I have a tough meeting tonight at 5p and another one at 9a tomorrow. I'll be getting the old one-two, which doesn't make me want to come in to work anymore. It's hard. I just returned to bringing Rescue Remedy to the office. I hope it helps.
Also, I've been skipping lunches to do more work. Today, I get to have a lunch meeting! That means I definitely get food. That makes me happy.
I have been told that should my project get shelved because of trouble fundraising that they'd find another place for me at the org. However, I keep hearing murmurs of layoffs and cost cutting. It would also mean that if I stayed on in another capacity, I would be working my booty off to salvage what fundraising we could do for the org (vs. just my project.) Do I want to do this? I have a tough meeting tonight at 5p and another one at 9a tomorrow. I'll be getting the old one-two, which doesn't make me want to come in to work anymore. It's hard. I just returned to bringing Rescue Remedy to the office. I hope it helps.
Also, I've been skipping lunches to do more work. Today, I get to have a lunch meeting! That means I definitely get food. That makes me happy.

2 Comments:
I could write a really long post over what's been happening, pre-maternity leave, at work, but you would not even believe the bullshit. I am pleased to announce that while I was working from home earlier this week, my boss emailed me to let me know we just got a first time grant of $50,000 from a foundation I've been cultivating. Nice to go out on maternity leave on a high note...plus I had to justify my job before I left - I mean, do my performance review - and I discovered that I raised $2.2 million last fiscal year. That includes capital campaign money, but nonetheless, I feel pretty good about it.
My main issue with work is that we've been raising less money for operating and program costs because we are in the midst of a capital campaign, and now it appears we may raise even less because of the financial turmoil. I don't want to take the fall. It sounds like you are between a rock and a hard place. I wish I could offer you a job here in L.A.!
First, I'm so glad you're finally on maternity leave. I'm wearing my maternity inspired shirt. When I wear it, it makes me want to be a mom.
Also, congrats on the $50K. I love that feeling of getting a gift for a program you care about.
I am damn if I do and damned if I don't at work so I'm doing what I can and that's that. I think people still respect my work, but it's pretty crappy to not achieve goals, which have become entirely unachievable in this economic environment.
I'm thinking of draining what's left of my retirement and starting over.
Post a Comment
<< Home