Thursday, April 02, 2009

Let the Growing Begin!

Good luck little tomato plants growing in my backyard. I know it's a lot to ask of you to bear fruit and all, but I'm hoping that I can enjoy the pride that comes from growing one's own food.

As you may know, I'm CRAZY about tomatoes. Nothing says summer like tomatoes fresh from (someone's) garden. Could they be from my own this year? Could they?!

So weeds and slugs, stay away. I will pluck and/or destroy you to give my little plants a chance.

And jasmine, which I had given up on, way to come back from near death. I smell your fragrance wafting in from the garden even now during this lovely spring evening. You're even more fragrant than before.

Lastly, lavender, cool it. No one likes a show off.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nat said...

Ooh I can smell them juicy lil tomotoes already :D

2:15 PM  
Blogger Hungry Dog said...

I hope to get invited over for a tomato salad one day soon.

9:25 AM  
Blogger Cee in SF said...

I hope there are enough tomatoes to smell and to share for salads!!

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home