Friday, March 06, 2009

All is Not Bad

Up until an hour or so ago, I was having the worst week in a long time.

My creepy boss grew creepier. I found out our salaries would get cut 10%. Our benefits would change with higher co-pays and we'd have to pay more for it. They will stop contributing to our retirement.

All this led to hours of worry and many restless nights.

I've been applying for more jobs because I haven't heard back from the first one I phone interviewed for.

Today, I spoke with a volunteer I had worked closely with and she was disappointed to hear about my creepy boss and how unhappy I am. She wished me good luck in my search and would serve as a reference when I needed.

I cried and cried after the call because hearing the week's events recounted was too much. I cry-called a friend. I never do that.

I think the hardest part is letting someone make me doubt my skills. I work hard and I'm good at what I do. I mean I haven't worked for 15 years for nothing.

So I'm going to catch up on my taped Lettermans (U2 is on all week!), watch some Harry Potter (it's a Harry Potter weekend on ABC Family), and work on some wedding stuff. I also just got a cute magenta peacoat from Banana for $30 and a bunch of free samples from Nordstrom. It's the beginning of a good weekend and hopefully a good week.

I just need to remember to breathe.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's like I said last week...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGurpsGKPCg

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home