Not on Purpose
I haven't neglected you on purpose. You see, I've been busy what with fighting off attempts on my life and sanity by Mother Nature and her minions of pollen. I've also been resting and reading and gardening, so it's been hard to keep in touch. Don't be mad.
Allergies are going to be the death of me, but I have a new partner to try to help keep me around a bit longer - the neti pot. You fill a mini plastic tea pot with a pre-measured amount of salt and baking soda (?!) with 8 oz. of lukewarm water. Then, you tilt your head, open your mouth and jam the pot in one nostril (then the other) and let the solution run through your sinuses. Sounds weird, but it is heavenly and works very nicely. Be careful to use lukewarm water - any hotter or colder will make the experience miserable. I use it every other day and it helps.
Yesterday, the minions of pollen recognized that I was armed (or nosed) against them and they stepped up their attack. I had horrible coughing fits and irritated my throat. I could barely talk and I had to participate in a big meeting. It was not pretty. Plus, the meeting room turned into an ice box towards the end. Once the sun goes here, the heat goes and you're left with frozen toes. Thank goodness for my car's heater.
Random side note, my dad called me last weekend. I totally thought he was going to ask me for money, but instead he invited me to his kids' baptism. I can't go, but I am not convinced there isn't a money ask coming soon. I just negotiated my phone bill down $4 a month. Do you think I have extra cash to give away?
Allergies are going to be the death of me, but I have a new partner to try to help keep me around a bit longer - the neti pot. You fill a mini plastic tea pot with a pre-measured amount of salt and baking soda (?!) with 8 oz. of lukewarm water. Then, you tilt your head, open your mouth and jam the pot in one nostril (then the other) and let the solution run through your sinuses. Sounds weird, but it is heavenly and works very nicely. Be careful to use lukewarm water - any hotter or colder will make the experience miserable. I use it every other day and it helps.
Yesterday, the minions of pollen recognized that I was armed (or nosed) against them and they stepped up their attack. I had horrible coughing fits and irritated my throat. I could barely talk and I had to participate in a big meeting. It was not pretty. Plus, the meeting room turned into an ice box towards the end. Once the sun goes here, the heat goes and you're left with frozen toes. Thank goodness for my car's heater.
Random side note, my dad called me last weekend. I totally thought he was going to ask me for money, but instead he invited me to his kids' baptism. I can't go, but I am not convinced there isn't a money ask coming soon. I just negotiated my phone bill down $4 a month. Do you think I have extra cash to give away?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home