Thursday, January 28, 2010

Out of the Running

So I heard back from the second place I interviewed and, although they liked me, they are pursuing other candidates.

It's nice that they brought me in to begin with, but I'm disappointed. My disappointment is primarily because my job eggs are in the one basket for which I have a second interview scheduled. Options give you breathing room and now I only have one option in the works. Luckily, resumes continue to go out, so we'll see what happens.

This job was very far away. The commute would've been monstrous. That may have factored into their decision (she said optimistically...). Also, they may have wanted someone with more experience because it was a big job. I still love them and what they do, so I'm not mad.

I believe things happen for a reason. I just hope it's not at the expense of my sanity! Damn these interesting times!

2 Comments:

Anonymous J. Ringo said...

Oh well. It's their loss. Besides, that commute would've made you miserable. And how much does the bridge cost these days? It would've bankrupt you. Not to mention that you probably would've ended up hitting a deer. Just think what that would've done to your insurance. All in all, I'd say you really dodged a bullet by not getting this job...

1:24 PM  
Blogger Hungry Dog said...

Sorry, Cee--but I agree with J. Ring--definitely their loss!Something better is around the bend for you, I'm sure of it...

Hungry Dog

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home