Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Obliged to Blog

I feel I have to comment on today being the first day of summer. Believe you me, it actually feels like it, too. That's rare in SF. I've come to learn that summer means fog. Months and months of fog. I remember when summer meant visits to the pool, popsicles, corn on the cob, and sun. Not anymore.

There are probably outdoor pools in SF, but I'm too lazy to look. I know my gym has a pool, but it's an indoor pool infested with swimmers in gear doing laps to impress one another and trying to break the gym record or best their own time. Too serious for me. I want lounging and splashing and kids standing in the shallow end trying not to pee. Hmm, I'd rather know someone with a pool who needs me to come by to watch their house while they go on vacation. Lord knows I'm not taking a summer vacation so I'd be available. I'd splash around and try to swim. I'd mostly just lounge as long as the bees are kept at bay.

Corn on the cob is one of my favorite things about summer. That and the heirloom tomatoes at the farmers market. There's just something so wondrous about naturally sweet veggies that makes you want to fill up on the summer bounty of crops. At the supermarket, I noticed a new pile of corn advertised at 2 for $1. Is that a deal? I think not. Where's my 5 for $1 special? Do prices like that still exist?

I hope this summer means short sleeved shirts and capris. It would be nice to dust some of my Land Down Under clothing. But will they fit...?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home