Thursday, September 14, 2006

So Many Nightmares

Do you ever go through phases where night after night are plagued with nightmares? I'm tired because I wake up in the middle of the night with my eyes wide open, unable to get back to bed.

Two nights ago, the apocalypse was upon me and my slumber. I tried to escape in the stormy night from an exaggerated tsunami wave whose enormity was highlighted by flashes of lightning - like that movie Twister, only it was a big wave not a tornado. I was crossing a bridge in an SUV driven by a co-worker trying to out run this thing. As the wave fast approached, peppered with debris and destruction, cars began to drive off the bridge to escape. We tried that, but my co-worker feared that we could not make it. Instead, he jumped out of the car in the pouring rain and pulled down a drawbridge to China. We drove right into China and escaped our demise for now.

I wandered around China alone and encountered another co-worker clerking in a shop in a remote village. Since it was the apocalypse, I was only delaying the inevitable by being in China. My co-worker handed me some vitamins packed in salt and said that she wished me well. She couldn't do anything else for me, nor could I do anything for her except hand her some Excedrin migraine, which I always keep in my purse.


Try going back to sleep after that.

I can't remember my dream from last night, but I do know I woke up and tried to get back to sleep unsuccessfully. There was a Big Audio Dynamite song I couldn't get out of my head. It was either Rush or e=mc2.

I'm tired. Tired from lack of sleep and tired of not being able to turn my brain off and relax. I can't remember what it feels like to relax.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you have the Green Giant in the US?! Here he is the mascot on one of the brands of tinned sweetcorn. He says ho ho ho a lot.

I dreamed last night that he was walking around outside my house and I could see him from my upstairs window.

Not so much scary - but bloomin' weird.

I've tried analysing it - I reckon I need to eat more veg :)

8:08 AM  
Blogger Cee in SF said...

Wow! That would scare me. I don't like seeing "people" painted any color and especially not when they're huge. He may be gentle, but for how long?? Hopefully, eating more veggies will vanquish him from your dreams and you can dream about paint chips again.

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home