Still Sad
I'm still sad about the passing of Steve Irwin. I watched the Crocodile Hunter with great regularity. I found him quite engaging and so full of wonder at this world we live in. His enthusiasm was catching as evidenced by the kids who they've been filming at various aquariums around the country.
His message of conservation is one I echo in my practice and actions. I haven't harmed any crocs, nor do I plan to. I hope that the generations he influenced carry the message forward.
His message of conservation is one I echo in my practice and actions. I haven't harmed any crocs, nor do I plan to. I hope that the generations he influenced carry the message forward.

2 Comments:
Author Germaine Greer on the late Steve Irwin's career: "There was not an animal he was not prepared to manhandle. Every creature he brandished at the camera was in distress. The animal world has finally taken its revenge on Irwin."
I like Germaine Greer, but I think her feminist leanings have led her to seek out oppression everywhere. This quote makes her sound a bit demented, even if there is some truth in it.
Well, that's one way to see it. I don't see it that way, but that's just me. He did have to handle animals. I have known scientists who have had to handle animals. Sometimes the animals don't want to be handled. What are you gonna do? It's nature.
I doubt the animal kingdom rose up against Irwin, especially as he shared his message and mission of conservation and respect for nature. And Aquaman didn't use his sea creature charms to send the sting ray to go get Irwin. It just happened, and that, too, is nature.
And scene...
Post a Comment
<< Home