Trying to Be Better
I'm trying got be better about posting, so here I am on break squeezing one in.
Do you have a digital video recorder? It's quite fun. I tape loads of Simpsons, which I promptly erase after viewing. The beau, on the other hand, tapes Poker and never watches it. There it is sucking up room on the recorder. It's making me anxious and I've dropped hints, but he isn't getting it.
Hurray for The Movie Channel! They premiered Casino Royale on Saturday, which I taped, but haven't watched. The beau doesn't like watching flicks with guys he knows I like. So I have to find some quiet time to watch it without him. Hee hee. Here's where HD is going to pay off...
I've been taping random things that could be interesting including Made In Sheffield, a documentary about the music scene in Sheffield with interviews by Human League, ABC, 2.3, and so on. I was fascinated and now better understand the genesis of that sound. Pretty cool.
This weekend, I watched Star Wars Episodes 1-3 and I still don't get it. I'll have to get my nephew to explain.
Oh, and I refuse to go shopping. We're out of almost everything, but with gas prices so high and the economy teetering on recession, I can't bring myself to spend money on anything but lunches. Thank goodness I am using a very generous gift certificate to dine at a super hip eatery in SF. A dinner date with the beau is very rare and I'm looking forward to it. Of course, I would have liked to dress up nicer for him, but it's windy so I couldn't wear a dress. Oh well. He'll have to love me in a turtleneck.
Do you have a digital video recorder? It's quite fun. I tape loads of Simpsons, which I promptly erase after viewing. The beau, on the other hand, tapes Poker and never watches it. There it is sucking up room on the recorder. It's making me anxious and I've dropped hints, but he isn't getting it.
Hurray for The Movie Channel! They premiered Casino Royale on Saturday, which I taped, but haven't watched. The beau doesn't like watching flicks with guys he knows I like. So I have to find some quiet time to watch it without him. Hee hee. Here's where HD is going to pay off...
I've been taping random things that could be interesting including Made In Sheffield, a documentary about the music scene in Sheffield with interviews by Human League, ABC, 2.3, and so on. I was fascinated and now better understand the genesis of that sound. Pretty cool.
This weekend, I watched Star Wars Episodes 1-3 and I still don't get it. I'll have to get my nephew to explain.
Oh, and I refuse to go shopping. We're out of almost everything, but with gas prices so high and the economy teetering on recession, I can't bring myself to spend money on anything but lunches. Thank goodness I am using a very generous gift certificate to dine at a super hip eatery in SF. A dinner date with the beau is very rare and I'm looking forward to it. Of course, I would have liked to dress up nicer for him, but it's windy so I couldn't wear a dress. Oh well. He'll have to love me in a turtleneck.

2 Comments:
Gotta get one of them recorder things. We have an old VHS recorder but I think it died many years ago. RIP buddy.
Gas is unbelieveably expensive here too, it makes me a little glad that my car is currently off the road waiting to get fixed. What I would be spending on gas can go to the repair bill instead!
Meant also to say, I too am trying to post more often, but life gets in the way. It used to be easy when I worked night shifts as I really had nothing better to do!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home