Friday, March 14, 2008

Sorry. My Mistake.

How stupid of me! I had honestly tried not to do this, but I thought I was safe. Proof again of how wrong I can be.

At my last job, I got along with a very cool person. I was under the mistaken impression that we were friends and that our friendship could endure not working together. I was wrong.

As you may remember, when I left my old job, there was some drama that I chose to leave and he chose to stand up against. I got weekly calls about how terrible it was, how I was missed, etc... Then, all of a sudden, nothing. I mean nothing. I left messages and sent e-mails to check in and nothing.

I heard recently that the source of his misery left so immediately called. He picked up and I asked what the heckarooney was going on. His reply was that he was so swamped he couldn't call. In my many years of living, I've learned how to read between the lines. I let him get off the phone from what I expect is our last call.

My fault for thinking I had him as a friend.

I have a handful of true friends whose friendship I treasure more after something like this.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Notebook, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://notebooks-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

5:28 PM  
Blogger Cee in SF said...

Why, thanks for the international accolades!

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home