Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Veggie Stress

A few months back, I had the brilliant idea to sign up for an organic grocery delivery service. I always have such a lack of imagination at the grocery store when it comes to veggies. I thought this would mix it up for me.

The deliveries were great until a few months ago when my box didn't arrive. I called the company who swore they dropped it off hours before. They credited me for the box.

The next month, the same thing. I called and they swore they delivered it. I ran around the building to find it. Oh, I found it all right. In the communal kitchen - open and picked through. Mind you, my name and company are on the box. The jackasses took my veggies home. I was IRATE!

I called the company and asked where the hell are you delivering the veggies because they got ransacked? Who did you give it to?? They had no good answer and I was going to cancel when they assured me that my veggies would get to me next time.

The next month, I found my box in a random hallway at the top of some stairs. I didn't call because I was happy to have found them untouched.

This month, on my delivery day, I walked throughout the building every 30 minutes to see if my box would randomly appear. At about 2:30, my colleague said she found my veggie box in a random hallway.

I'm getting pissed just writing this tale, so I'm canceling my deliveries.

Today, I'm expecting a new delivery from a new company. This one prepares the meal for you and delivers it to your office. All you do is take it home and throw the stuff in a pan. UPDATE: I just got my delivery successfully at my office!! Bonus points!! Too bad I have to work 'til 8:30p tonight. I won't prepare it 'til tomorrow.

I'll let you know how it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home